Light-O-Rama Forums

ccbs

james campbell

just decided to add a 100 count ccb to my display,since I have no experience with rgb I need a little help getting started.with the 100 count I believe it is one controller,that being said will I have the ability to do a 100 light chase left to right or is it two bulb or three bulbs per chase.I know I have alot to learn so bear with me folks thanks in advance

james campbell wrote:

just decided to add a 100 count ccb to my display,since I have no experience with rgb I need a little help getting started.with the 100 count I believe it is one controller,that being said will I have the ability to do a 100 light chase left to right or is it two bulb or three bulbs per chase.I know I have alot to learn so bear with me folks thanks in advance

The CCB's are 50 count strings, 6" on center spacing for a length of 25ft.

In a 100 count scenario you would have 1 controller and 2 strings. Each string is attached to the controller. Think of it as a Y setup. The controller is at the bottom of the Y, and the two strings are at the top of the Y.

Each bulb is addressable; thus you would be able to do a chase across each string.

http://bit.ly/ph6mhd <-- See this link for a WMV of the bulbs in action. You'll see that each bulb is addressable.

ok thanks I see now,next do I need to add two cosic color devices in my layout and i will have two regular controllers unit 1 and 2,will the ccbs be 3 and 4

If you wanted to start programming them today (which I would do) I would go ahead and simply add to Cosmic Color Ribbons to your display. (Two controllers as well.)

When the CCB's are released and we know with 100% certainty how it's going to be set up, then you can change it. (If needed.) Right now, I would plan on them being unit's 3 and 4, just to be on the extra safe side.

• The topic was locked