Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes

mcompanik

Guys, look at the How-To section on my website. I have a very extensive presenation on strobes, issues, fixing and prepping them. I revamped the material for Expo this year. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I would recommend using an cheap old soldering iron to burn the holes. Drilling can be dicey on the base. You can pick up one of these for $10 if you look around.

Guest wbottomley

zman wrote:

I would recommend using an cheap old soldering iron to burn the holes. Drilling can be dicey on the base. You can pick up one of these for $10 if you look around.

$5 at Walmart. :P

zman wrote:

Guys, look at the How-To section on my website. I have a very extensive presenation on strobes, issues, fixing and prepping them. I revamped the material for Expo this year. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I read your How-To section, and I noticed that you listed the Resistor as 1M ohm, but looking at mine and a resistor chart, they look to be 10k ohm. Can you verify which one it is? I want to buy some spares as you recommend, but I want to buy the right ones. Also, I want to thank you for the effort you put in to the presentation on the strobes. It has been extremely helpful!

I drilled my strobes tonight and I killed two of them,I would recommend the strobes from cls they are much easier to put the weep holes in. The ones I bought from wow lights the lens was to close to the filament and I must have hit them. I was not crazy about them anyway too slow a flash