Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Display Storage

jem5136

I Got this for 3100. Now I have more storage then I know what to do with. For this year at least. Running power, tv, table and heater for winter work.

Attached files 259310=14345-IMAG0314.jpg

only 20% full with everything for christmas, holloween, firworks tubes for the 4th, tractor, camping equipment, ect. Putting in Couch and tv just incase wife sends me to the dog house.

Attached files 259314=14348-IMAG0298.jpg

Guest Don Gillespie

Store all my stuff in a two car garage, a 10 x 30 shed and a 12 x 14 heated room for controllers and work area tried wifes closet I can guarantee you that is not a good idea I thought for sure she wouldn't see any of it through all the shoes she owns LOL

friskybri wrote:

I Got this for 3100. Now I have more storage then I know what to do with. For this year at least. Running power, tv, table and heater for winter work.

If I drug something like that onto my property it better have sleeping, eating and toilet facilities because thats where the wife would have me sleeping.

To those of you who use your attics, have you noticed any deterioration or damage from the heat? I bet my attic gets up around 120+ degrees during the summer months. It sure would save me the $55/month I am spending now for a storage unit, but not at the expense of melted display items.

jim6918 wrote:

To those of you who use your attics, have you noticed any deterioration or damage from the heat? I bet my attic gets up around 120+ degrees during the summer months. It sure would save me the $55/month I am spending now for a storage unit, but not at the expense of melted display items.

I use the attic of my garage to store mini trees, arches, controllers, and some lights. I haven't noticed any ill effect on any of it yet. They have been up there about three years now.

jim6918 wrote:

I have stuff in my attic and I still need the storage unit. 120+ is right. I think that's why I am having issues with my inflatables.

The only items that have been damaged so far, are all of her Christmas candles, which I didn't like anyhow.......:shock::shock:

David Rise wrote:

jim6918 wrote:
I have stuff in my attic and I still need the storage unit.  120+ is right.  I think that's why I am having issues with my inflatables.

The only items that have been damaged so far, are all of her Christmas candles, which I didn't like anyhow.......:shock::shock:

Are refering to WAX candles??? Dude thats candle homicide.

She's the one that boxes up the inside decorations. She knows that they are going into the attic. She knows what she's doing.
It gives her an excuse to go buy new ones next year.

Guest Don Gillespie

Jeff Millard wrote:

I'd be happy if Dawn made me live out my time in the dog house, if it was made like that!

Jeff

We will contact Dawn and let her know you are ready for the dog house :P:P

But what will you do with the kitties LOL

David Rise wrote:

She's the one that boxes up the inside decorations. She knows that they are going into the attic. She knows what she's doing.
It gives her an excuse to go buy new ones next year.

We store a LOT of decorations in the attic, but the candles go in a box in the basement where it is cool.

Jeff Millard wrote:

There was a program on HGTV a few years back called "Some Assembly Required" that showcased some prefab retreat homes. Some of them were made from interesting ideas and materials. One of them use two of the containers like Friskibri bought. They staggered them and welded them together and built a really nice weekend retreat. The end doors opened to a huge picture window off the living room that could be sealed up when away. It was all set on a simple crawlspace foundation. Imagine two of them side by side on a block foundation... I'd be happy if Dawn made me live out my time in the dog house, if it was made like that!

I looked online, I can find the program but not the episode.

Jeff

These might work:
container-city-ii.jpg
shipping-container-builldings.jpg
ga_surreal_12con02.jpg
12-container-house.jpg
frontquarter.jpg
maison-1.jpg

Link to lot more photos

search?q=shipping+container+homes&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1680&bih=892&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=8spUTo_RHOXE0AGLppmhAg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CEAQ_AUoAQ#hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=shipping+container+house&oq=shipping+container+house&aq=f&aqi=g2g-s1g3g-s4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2454l2721l8l2884l3l3l0l0l0l0l177l403l1.2l3l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=9d0b18957f537b82&biw=1680&bih=892More