Light-O-Rama Forums

Pulled off a LED

jimswinder

Don Gillespie wrote:

The question here is Jim did you get it fixed??

not yet....

tried Chucks suggestion...but broke the lens off so went to bed!!

the irony in all this?

I set my Mega tree up earlier this week to repair a string of blue C6 lights...found where one bulb had a string pulled out and was able to solder that one back together...but it still had a bad section I could not repair. So took that set of lights off the tree (have four strings of RGBW tie wrapped together) which entailed cutting it OFF of the cords I have the lights strings tie wrapped to...cutting the tie wraps that I used to tie the 4 different light strings together so I could remove the blue string...tie wrapping them back together THEN tie wrapping it back onto the tree cords...

I have 20 sets of these strings on my Mega...

I then took my tree down, thinking I was done with it...BUT I forgot I wanted to wrap 40 strobes into it (10 of each color of RGBW)...

so last night I was setting it back up when I snagged a Red Bulb and pulled it off...

And what set of lights did I pull it off of???

The same set that I had repaired the blue set on.

The WINDER CURSE...

believe... :shock:

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
Tim Herberger wrote:
I'm sorry you can't afford a phone with a descent camera...:(

What scares me is my parents just figured out how to txt... They won't stop.. I'm sure Jim would do the same thing! Who knows what pics he would be posting!

lol

sorry...but have NEVER understood the texting craze...just pick up the damn phone and TELL me what you want me to know!!!! lol
Texting is GREAT for people you DON'T want to talk too!

Jeff Millard wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:

I'm sorry you can't afford a computer with a decent spell checker...:(

Jeff

I'm sorry, that is clearly an ID-10-T error. :P

Jeff Millard wrote:

Tim Herberger wrote:

I'm sorry you can't afford a computer with a decent spell checker...:(

Jeff

actually...what is needed is a "grammar checker" since the word descent is NOT mispelled...

:P

cmoore60 wrote:

I have taken some photos on how to get these LEDs apart. Is there a way to post multiple photos in one post? I hate to take up several post to display the photos.

Chuck

I have seen it done..but could never figure it out...

other than merge them together using something like PhotoShop.

Texting is soo much better than a phone call when .. oh, I dont know.. say, you're trying not to set off audible alarms in the bank vault.. :D

cmoore60 wrote:

I have taken some photos on how to get these LEDs apart. Is there a way to post multiple photos in one post? I hate to take up several post to display the photos.

Chuck
Chuck sent me 7 pics of how to take it apart...here are 3 of them.

Attached files 256188=14075-C6 LED Fix.JPG

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Texting is soo much better than a phone call when .. oh, I dont know.. say, you're trying not to set off audible alarms in the bank vault.. :D

Sorry...gotta ask...

why would you be texting when you are in a bank vault??

You got locked in? (No need to worry about alarms)
Posting to your Facebook? (wait til you get home with the cash)
Forgot the combination? (you're in the wrong business....)

More like standing outside, texting to get the lock combination without some pesky phone ringing.. uh.. um.. I saw that in a movie scene once.. was.. ...Ocean's.. somthing-or-other :D yeah.. thats was it.. Ocean's something.. Had Matt Cloney and George Damon..

DownTown wrote:

On the other hand I can see where texting could be useful in an emergency and you're in a meeting or some other place that shouldn't be disturbed... messages like: ... "we won the lottery!" would be nice to know right away.

If I won the lottery, I don't think I would be horribly upset if I got fired from my job for disrupting a meeting by receiving a phone call. :D

Surfing4Dough wrote:

DownTown wrote:

On the other hand I can see where texting could be useful in an emergency and you're in a meeting or some other place that shouldn't be disturbed... messages like: ... "we won the lottery!" would be nice to know right away.

If I won the lottery, I don't think I would be horribly upset if I got fired from my job for disrupting a meeting by receiving a phone call.  :D  

And then collect unemployment!

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

cmoore60 wrote:

Chuck
Chuck sent me 7 pics of how to take it apart...here are 3 of them.

Chuck are you using a small screwdrivewr to pry the bulb out or are you pulling it out gently? I can see how it comes out, just haven't tried to get them out as of yet for fear of wrecking the string, glad Jim asked about this I have had a couple of bulbs break so I might be able to repair those strings

Don,

I use the small diagonals do that I can get down in the groove and have 2 leverage points to be able to work it out. Get the cutter edge down in the groove and the just a little gentle rocking motion and it will slide out.

Chuck

Guest Don Gillespie

cmoore60 wrote:

Don,

I use the small diagonals do that I can get down in the groove and have 2 leverage points to be able to work it out. Get the cutter edge down in the groove and the just a little gentle rocking motion and it will slide out.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck I will give it a try next weekend, just got back from camping so next weekend is a full blown Christmas getting ready event, stringing my icecle lights on 1x2s and checking and repairing light strings I will let you know how I make out.

• 3 months later...

I wish I would have found this yesterday I fixed a 70 ct string yesterday just by soldering the wires together somehow my wire broke rightbehind the bulb I did a voltage caculation since there are two series circuits on these strings from cdi 120/35 - 120/34 comes out to about 0.1 volts more per bulb it shoudn't hurt the sring being only one bulb missing would be no diffrent if one would burn out