Light-O-Rama Forums

Chase Tool w/ RGB

Ralph A

I've used the macros a bit with the CCR"S to chase from one end to the other, but I don't want to use them this year. I want to complete a simple fade/chase from one end of the ccr to the other using the chase tool. I am able to do this with a chase across several channels but when I try to do so across all fifty I can't seem to get it. It just creates a fade with no chase.
Question, Is the chase tool limited to a certain number of channels and not all fifty?

Thanks, Ralph

Where are you seeing that it didnt work? In the animation? Do you have the CCR hooked up?

If you have a fade effect in RGB channel 1 for seconds 1-2. The with the chase tool select all 50 out to 5 seconds.
The fades will move across all 50. If it doesnt could you snap a picture of the sequence for us to see.

There may be a funky setting you are not aware of. The resolution channel should be 50 OR you need the default to be 50 in your CCR setup in HWU and then use zero in resolution. All other macro channels should be off/zero too.

With Bob's help I was able locate the problem. It was very simple, so much I now feel a little on the blond side of life. Oops.

I wanted to post in case someone else is learning as I am and runs across this. I was creating a simple fade say one second long on a single channel. I then clicked the Chase tool and ex paned the fade across fifty channels for the next two seconds or a bit more and it would just create a fill with no chase. I would then try it again across ten channels and it would work fine.

The problem was I did not travel down the time line far enough for 50 channels to create an adequate chase so it just filled the area. So the program was smarter than I. Anyway, if anyone runs across this at some point I hope this helps.

Thanks again Bob, and Ron!!

Glad you are going and happy to help. One more thing which can catch you. On the top channel you must have some clear space after the effect you want to generate a chase for. If the entire area of the top row is filled, the chase tool just copies to all the channels.

• The topic was locked