Light-O-Rama Forums

How many colours can the CCR produce?

edvas69

Hmmm, I know I am a newbie...but it seems to me that if the CCR could ONLY produce white, red, blue, green, yellow and orange.............it saves me wrapping the arches 5 times with different light string colors and hurting my back hurking them into the yard.

Just my feeble newbie mind grinding away.

magish01 wrote:

Hmmm, I know I am a newbie...but it seems to me that if the CCR could ONLY produce white, red, blue, green, yellow and orange.............it saves me wrapping the arches 5 times with different light string colors and hurting my back hurking them into the yard.

Just my feeble newbie mind grinding away.

I am using CCR's on my arches for that very reason!

Well one of the reasons...another was costs.

For 2 (8 channel) arches was $200 for controller and over $10 a string for lights ($320) total $520 for one colour! Each one of my arches are 16 feet cost $200 to do a billion zillion colours! I will use only 4....

• 1 month later...

how long, being in wheather in winter,will the ccr approx last before the cover starts to break down and the lights become affected by moisture and low and behold mess up??

john fulkerson wrote:

how long, being in wheather in winter,will the ccr approx last before the cover starts to break down and the lights become affected by moisture and low and behold mess up??

I would expect these to last a few seasons at least. For me i live in Australia and the front of my house faces west so the CCR strip was exposed to a lot of heat and UV rays and the strip stood up well. So for you in a cold climate with reduced UV rays i cant see it being an issue for you at all as its the UV rays that will deteriate the silicone cover on the strip, so you should get many years out of a CCR.

• The topic was locked