Light-O-Rama Forums

C B Tower

shfr26

Arnoldc wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
sebringguy00 wrote:
Megatreetop.jpg

Very nice to see you in that safety harness! That's a bunch of lights! WTG!

Jeff
Would me more concerned about the MONSTER wedgie he would receive if he fell
The effects of which would cause him to sing several octaves higher (this assumes he can carry a note).

shfr26 wrote:

Was thinking about getting a 3 leg CB tower for a mega or midi tree and found one I can get 2 sections, the top and one more section for $50.00. That would make it about 18-20 of tower. Has anyone used this before or do you think it is a waste of money? I think this would be good and sturdy, and easy to store and put up and take down. I can get all 40 plus feet for $100.00, but would not know what to do will the rest of it. Any thoughts?

My thoughts:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum82/26988.html

Greg

jimswinder wrote:

great pic sebringguy00!!

:shock:

but your video link

Christmas light show video here

just goes to the picture of you...

Sorry, I just now checked this thread again.
It won't let me edit the link in my previous post, so here is the video.

I believe I got it right this time, but in case I didn't, search Youtube for Delaney Christmas to see all of my videos from 2010 (our first year doing this).

sebringguy00 wrote:

Christmas light show
I believe I got it right this time, but in case I didn't, search Youtube for Delaney Christmas to see all of my videos from 2010 (our first year doing this).

Yep...link is good...

MAN!! Wish I had a house and yard like that!!

Nice Job!!

sebringguy00 wrote:

Wow! I can see you have spent lots of time on your setup! Looks great

-Logan

paulanator wrote:

I am with you on that one Cray.

I hate heights, and that is one tall freakin tower!

I couldn't even watch it. I had to turn it off before it finished. That was awful for us height challenged people.

Well, I broke down and got the tower, now I have a problem. Last night before I went to bed, I put the tower out in the yard and put a "blue" pill in each leg for a total of 3. I went outside this A.M., and it was still just laying where I put, it did not "erect" itself, what did I do wrong?:)

shfr26 wrote:

Well, I broke down and got the tower, now I have a problem. Last night before I went to bed, I put the tower out in the yard and put a "blue" pill in each leg for a total of 3. I went outside this A.M., and it was still just laying where I put, it did not "erect" itself, what did I do wrong?:)

I don't think you are supposed to put them in the "leg"...

shfr26 wrote:

You slept too long....it only lasts for 4 hours.

MikeH

Here is my CB Tower, it stands about 21' feet tall and sets in a concrete base. It is capable of being taken down at the end of the season and set back up for the holidays. The concrete base is heavy enough that I do not need guy wires, but I do have them anyway. Mine is also capable of being set up and taken down by myself. I am hoping to extend it another 10' this year. I work in a metal shop so mine is set up so I can slide a 2" pipe up through the center to raise it the additional 10'.

Attached files 254403=13925-PB240012 (Small).JPG

Greg Young wrote:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone really use CBs anymore these days???

Hoping to use some COSMIC CB's really soon!!!! :D

jimswinder wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone really use CBs anymore these days???

Hoping to use some COSMIC CB's really soon!!!! :D

That should be available, just about the time...............;)