Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Sequencing...

Donny M. Carter

What i'm trying to do is create a chase with a rgb channel. Is there an easy way to create something like, red chasing green chasing blue without have to drop down each box and fill it in.
Donny

Expand the first RGB channel in your group and enter manually whatever it is you want to chase what. Then shrink the RGB channel back down. After that, simply use the chase tool the same way as you would with any other group of channels. For chases in the opposite direction, expand and manually enter into the bottom row and chase up.

George, Is it possible to create the same chase but with a different color on each channel.
Like this:
Green
Blue
Green
Blue

Thanks for the help.
Donny

Donny,

I don't understand what you're asking. Any way to re-word it so that my feeble mind can grasp it?

Donny M. Carter wrote:

George, Is it possible to create the same chase but with a different color on each channel.
Like this:
Green
Blue
Green
Blue

Thanks for the help.
Donny

Set your colors for your chase on the top channel. Use the chase tool to copy it down to each channel. The green blue green blue will slide across all the channels.

Thanks Bob. Guess I was having another duh moment! This sure is happening alot lately.:P

question how do u make 1 cosmic color ribbon into 2 arches without cutting the ribbon how do u program it, do you have to set it up as add device and then cut it in half or what??

i can make the ribbon into 1 arch going either direction but i want to split the ribbon in half to make 2 arches
that i can control with colors and leaps
going the same direction or opposite

john fulkerson wrote:

question how do u make 1 cosmic color ribbon into 2 arches without cutting the ribbon how do u program it, do you have to set it up as add device and then cut it in half or what??

First part of question: mount half the CCR ribbon on one piece of PVC and the other half on another identical piece of PVC. My advice would be to use fewer than 25 pixels/channels per arch so you have a bit of space between the arches, although you'll want them pretty close together.

Second, third and fourth part of question: The CCR should be set up as usual in the Sequence Editor - 50 consecutive RGB channels followed by seven macro channels. If you use 24 pixels per arch, for instance, channels 1-24 will be one arch and channels 27-50 will be the second arch. The two channels in the middle (the space between the arches) won't be used. Programming can be as simple as copying the same patterns from one arch to another or mirroring the movement of each arch. Or it can be as complex as running a color-changing chase from one arch to the other.

wow you the man ;) it becomes simple to do it when you have someone who has done it or knows how to do it and explains it to you in simple terms thanks alot george

If it helps............here's a picture of my two arches made from one ribbon. I didn't want to waste any pixels, so I carefully made the transition and had no issues.

Steve

Attached files 253441=13832-lor ribbon  post.JPG

thanks steve that looks so neatly done hope i can manage the same effects thanks alot for the pic and info

• The topic was locked