Light-O-Rama Forums

New Forum Format

TJ Hvasta

Unlike!! The screen is very hard to read, separate subs.. if there were lines between each section, maybe, but its just a jumble now.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Unlike!! The screen is very hard to read, separate subs.. if there were lines between each section, maybe, but its just a jumble now.

Agree. There are lines (white) but are very faint and skinny.

Kinda a non-issue in my situation since I just sort all posts by "Recent" and read everything that is new regardless of what section it is in. Trying to put myself in a newbie's shoes visiting the site though.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Dido!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Dido!

I'm lost. There are lines between each sub-forum. (There never were solid black lines between each of the main forums.)

well maybe its because im new here its different but usable i never saw anything wrong with the way it was it must be job security for somebody

t purser wrote:

well maybe its because im new here its different but usable i never saw anything wrong with the way it was it must be job security for somebody

thats funny.... job security lol

I would suggest more time getting products out on time and less time making the forums harder to read. I am with the general concensis here and don't like the new format.

Can we also get the email notifications to work again for when we receive PMs. It hasn't worked in months...after the first major backup you did before upgrading the software.

Ponddude wrote:

I would suggest more time getting products out on time and less time making the forums harder to read. I am with the general concensis here and don't like the new format.

Geez, I hope that isn't the same person handling both...:shock:

I logged on and got the "forum unavaillable as we make it easier to find your information" message...was expecting some incredible data transformation that would change my life. About had heart failure when I saw all the categories scrambled around...

I guess I'm ok with the new format, but I didn't have any complaints about the old one..I'm more in the "if it ain't broke..." camp on this one.

Strangely, have not had any issues with notifications, which suggests the upgrade still has some lingering random issues..

Ponddude wrote:

I hope this is not the start of their reputation going downhill?

Ponddude wrote:

Can we also get the email notifications to work again for when we receive PMs. It hasn't worked in months...after the first major backup you did before upgrading the software.

Mine work? When did yous stop? The only issue I see, sometimes, is that I don't get "every" notice of a new post in a forum. Some, but not all.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Ponddude wrote:

Wait. We're basing a companies reputation on the forums? Wow. Remind me not to start a forum within my company.

If memory serves me right, We the People (or, we the forum users) are but a small part of the LOR user base.

I got one for you Ponddude! When are you going to get the Led Bulbs in? they have been advertised on your website since you got the overhaul. But they are not buyable! I hope your not falling behind either!
;)

Replaceable LED Bulbs

Don wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Ponddude wrote:

Wait. We're basing a companies reputation on the forums? Wow. Remind me not to start a forum within my company.

If memory serves me right, We the People (or, we the forum users) are but a small part of the LOR user base.

YOUR RIGHT! maybe I came off a little too strong! :?

Don wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:
Ponddude wrote:

I guess if your products are crap, but you have a nice forum, you get a pass...:D:D