Light-O-Rama Forums

Weatherproofing

pabryang

Soooo..if I click on someone else's, does anything happen to their account? It doesn't show up on mine as me ignoring that person...

So George..are you now ignoring yourself?...:shock::shock:

The board software can't be that unsecure...can it?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg Young

• Tim Herberger

• George Simmons

• rgardner518

The bug has been verified, and a PM to the moderators has been sent. Sorry about that. I'm also going to send this bug to UltraBB.com.

Steven wrote:

The bug has been verified, and a PM to the moderators has been sent. Sorry about that. I'm also going to send this bug to UltraBB.com.

Same here. I clicked the link yesterday, and subsequently eliminated the multiple ignore entries, but today it's back with a vengence, which I assume is from others clicking the link... so I have the same request as Jeff's of our admins!

All I have to say is:

Steven broke the forum, Steven broke the forum..... :shock::shock::D

Guest Don Gillespie

Greg Young wrote:

Steven wrote:

Same here. I clicked the link yesterday, and subsequently eliminated the multiple ignore entries, but today it's back with a vengence, which I assume is from others clicking the link... so I have the same request as Jeff's of our admins!

All I have to say is:

Steven broke the forum, Steven broke the forum..... :shock::shock::P

Ditto thanks Steven I too am being ignored by me :P:P:P so how do we correct this

Don Gillespie wrote:

Greg Young wrote:
Steven wrote:

All I have to say is:

Ditto thanks Steven I too am being ignored by me :P:P:P so how do we correct this

Don go into your account, to your ignore list, and delete the multiple entries!

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ralph Priest wrote:
Back to the topic--I've always closed any unused females with heating duct foil tape.Not to be confused with duct tape,this tape is shinny similar to aluminum foil and is sold with HVAC supplies at the big box stores.It's cheap and it works.

I have never had to close off the female ends of my lights as the cold weather we get in Canada doesn't really affect the ends, I would think if you had them in a downward postion you wouldn't have problems with them even in the rain.

Wasn't so much the rain that created issues for me, it was the darn sprinkler system spraying UPWARDS into the down pointing female receptacles, child proof outlet safety caps resolved that issue and then I no longer had any problems. Although occasionly rain did factor in, and after installing those caps, all issues went away I had been having prior to "capping" my female ends off.

Guest Don Gillespie

Greg Young wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Greg Young wrote:
Steven wrote:

All I have to say is:

Don go into your account, to your ignore list, and delete the multiple entries!

Thanks Greg that fixed it

wow, looks like someone had it in for Jeff with all those "self ignores" he got. Those links could have gotten sent via an e-mail to folks that use that option.

So I'm wondering, if those self-ignore links you folks are talking about can be clicked and used in an e-mail that may have been sent out to someone? Or would they just be dead links in an e-mail? I know when I get some things via e-mail from the LOR forum, the links are usually active like for replying, but would embedded links in the actual message also be active as well? If so, you folks that had those links posted better hope the forum gets fixed real fast, otherwise whomever or those that got that e-mail may still be able to invoke that option.

So anyone know if those links you're referencing will function if someone got hold of them in an e-mail post from the forums here? I never saw them myself and only have a select forum areas (mainly newbies and halloween) set to send me e-mail from here.

Hope they don't work in those e-mail options for you folks unlucky enough to have had them previously listed here! Especially if a fix has not been done to the forums to stop them, that is, if they would happen to work from an e-mail posting!

Orville wrote:

Those links could have gotten sent via an e-mail to folks that use that option.

Those links were probably "clicked" by web spiders (like Googlebot).

The person who wrote the "ignore" part of the forum software made some serious mistakes, probably from being rushed or lazy. One, it doesn't check that you're even logged in when you click that link, and second, that type of a link (a "GET") shouldn't be used for an action with side effects (adding someone to the ignore list).

The actual forum message/post is not in the email alert link, so nothing to worry about there....as I understand it, with this board software, you don't have the option of seeing the actual post in the alert message.

With the links removed, it appears the crisis is averted, and Jeff will no longer be ignored by the masses...:P

• 4 weeks later...

Greg,

The argumentative nature of most (not all) Christmas forums is what turned me off from posting.

It was fun to kick things around, now the things kick back as you more elaborately described.

I too, know how to do a few things regarding this hobby, but sharing via email/private message etc, has become a better way for me.

Charles

It's been a while Charles! Nice to hear from you!
Many of the newbies probably have no idea of how elaborate your annual display is.
Few go the lengths (or are even capable of going to the lengths) of including a theatrical production tied in with a synchronized display.
It is so unfortunate thnigs have become what they are on many of the forums, and many of the orginals don't post anymore.
Hope all is well with you and Mrs Santa!
Take care,
Greg