Light-O-Rama Forums

UL508 certification

WhitePlainsNY

I see the link on the ShowTime Pro Commercial Light Controllers page where it states that the controlers are UL508 certified. Now while I know Dan is correct, I'm going to have a difficult time convincing a possible commercial client if I can't validate the certification.

The link takes you to http://www.ul.com/ but when I searched the UL Online Certicficatios Directory, I find no matches.

Has anyone an easy way to show verification to a client or inspector or nosey neighbor?

WhitePlainsNY wrote:

I see the link on the ShowTime Pro Commercial Light Controllers page where it states that the controlers are UL508 certified. Now while I know Dan is correct, I'm going to have a difficult time convincing a possible commercial client if I can't validate the certification.

The link takes you to http://www.ul.com/ but when I searched the UL Online Certicficatios Directory, I find no matches.

Has anyone an easy way to show verification to a client or inspector or nosey neighbor?

It says if you need ul508 information, to email them. I just spend 30mins searching several different ways, and have found nothing. I'm not saying they are not certified. But in order to check it, you will need information about the company that its registered under.

See what it says on the website.

Why is being UL508 certified so important? It's all about safety. We've invested the extra time and effort to make sure our circuit design and production facilities meet the high expectation of Underwriters Laboratories and they have taken the time to certify this product to live up to their standards. Don't believe us? Contact us...

I would like to know too!

I just got out my CTB16PC controller, because it was sitting right next to me. And inside the door is a stamp into the door that says the following:

UL Listed Communication Circuit Accessory 13HJ File E_82933

Where the "_" is, is either a "1" or "I" or "L", I cannot tell.

But when I typed all three into the search engine on the UL website, it pulls up nothing! So, I hope its not false advertising here!!!

The CTB16PC is not UL certified. The case the CTB16PC is in is certified for use for communications equipment, but that does not apply to use with lighting controllers.

The metal case 1602W is UL certified for use with incandescent lights in the exact factory assembled configuration only. Contact them for the information.

Like any certified equipment, the LOR1602x controllers have a label with the mark of the certification lab, info about the certification standard(s) and the file number of the certification report. There are very few accredited testing labs and they all use the UL standards. We used ETL to perform the UL508 certification.

Attached is a zip file with the ATMs (Authorization To Mark) for the LOR1602W, LOR1600W, LOR1602MP2 and a separate ATM for the CTB16D card which is a RECOGNIZED COMPONET and thus can be used as a component in devices (such as a sign) that needs a certification mark.

I did not review the website as closely as I should and because of this thread have discovered that we have text that is miss leading. The equiptment is UL508 certified but the website leads people to believe we have a UL mark rather than an ETL mark. We will correct that.

Dan

Attached files LOR-ATM.zip

• 1 year later...

Dan, can you please reattach the UL certification ZIP file? File doesn't exist anymore since the forums moved over to IP Board. Thanks!!!