Light-O-Rama Forums

ServoDog Setup

mrduncan

Hopefully someone can help me this one. Just purchased a ServoDog and trying to setup it up. Power it up and get the blinking LED. Opened the LOR Hardware Utility and selected Refresh. Hardware Utility identifies SD as “01 – Bootloader-SD08”. However, LED is still blinking. Tried to change ID and I get an error “Unable to change Unit ID”. SD is also unresponsive to an ServoDog commands.

Additional Information: The blinking LED are long blinks. SD manual indicates long blinking LED means conrupt firmware. Uploaded the latest firmware. ServoDog works OK until I recycle power. I get the long blinking LED again. Reloaded the firmware again and SD works fine until I recycled power again. I get the long blinking LED again. SD does not semm to retain the firmware on power cycle.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your controller. I would certainly give LOR a call and ask them whats going on.
worst case, they have to send you a new one.

I sent this SD issue to the LOR help desk last night. LOR identified this as a faulty processor. LOR responded immediately this morning and sent out a replacement unit this afternoon. This is why I’ve been doing business with LOR for about 4 years. I don’t believe you can get any better service anywhere else for these types of products.