Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Customer Appreciation

jimswinder

Ponddude wrote:

I'm sorry but I just personally find it ridiculous that LOR would advertise that they are having a customer appreciation day on their site at an event that I can guarantee less than 1/3 of the 7700 registered members here will be going too. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on LOR equipment for me personally and jobs I have done over the years and never once have I been asked how I feel about the company or what products the company should be producing. It isn't in every single persons budget or schedule to go out to Tennessee for the event. I personally would love too, but just can't do it and I am sure there are several other people in my same boat. Dan, if you truly want to hear from you customers about what they want to see or what they appreciate about the company, why not a banner on your site with a link to your email address and a guarantee that you are going to take notes on what people are saying, like I am sure you are going to do at EXPO. There are ways to keep customers happy and 99% of the time I am a very happy LOR customer, but I have to say, that banner really set me off today.

Jeff...I think you should get on your box now and spew too.

There are always things that will push people's buttons and I can understand that. There are a couple of things that push my buttons as well.

The reality is that I just cannot meet with everyone... I would like to get around more but today it just doesn't happen. We had planned on the NJ mini but could not make it because of things we could not control. The NJ mini is an easy day trip for us so it is the mini that we try to attend.

You brought up some good points: there are 7700 registered users here and that is only a fraction of the LOR customers, many who visit this site without registering. I have been reluctant to put out a message as you have suggested because of the potential number of emails (at least in the beginning)... However that is something to look into.

People send things to the wishlist and we do look at them but we cannot do them all.

Your comment to Jeff to try and get something going is unreasonable. I am ready to listen. We can discuss things here or people can email me at danlightorama.com

Dan

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
I repeat

seriously :):P:P LOL

where have all the good threads gone LOL hey isn't that a song :)

the REAL question is...when are YOU going to stat one?!?!?!?   :) TIC

and yes..it's a song:

Where have all the good threads gone
Long time posting...
Long time posting...
Girls have written them, every one
When will we ever learn
Guys can't post worth a damn......

LOL

jimswinder wrote:

No offense to the OTHER great guys that I met there...

Jim, I know you were speaking of myself when you wrote this! :cool:

Dan Ancona wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
No offense to the OTHER great guys that I met there...

Jim, I know you were speaking of myself when you wrote this! :cool:

Which one were you again???? :)

Guest Don Gillespie

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Well..

I was going to start listing them...

but then I would forget someone...

and then someone would get offended...

and I would NEVER want to offend anyone here... :)

Note to those who take me seriously: :)(another tongue in cheek)

seriously :):P:P

Jim can you put music to these words so we can sequence this LOL :)

Don Gillespie wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Well..

Sure...

I even made a video for you!!

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Well..

Sure...

you know its been a long tiome since I listened to that song it really is a classic thanks for the video Jim, did you use your I-phone to record that :)

Word on customer appreciation.

It doesn't really matter to me if a vendor comes out, shakes my hand and listens to me (of course it's nice).

What I'm appreciative of is the fact that I have a place to go to buy rock solid, high quality Christmas light controllers that hardly ever have a problem for a reasonable price. Anytime there is a problem the vendor jumps right on it and is flexible in helping me out. Even when I run out of licenses they say, no problem here's a few more. Shoot they even warranty the kits!

I'm very appreciative that LOR produces a high-quality product and bends over backwards to help on any issue that comes up. I wouldn't go changing things too much :(

Have I mentioned that I'm still checking for the 2010 contest winners every day :D

jstorms wrote:

Word on customer appreciation.

It doesn't really matter to me if a vendor comes out, shakes my hand and listens to me (of course it's nice).

What I'm appreciative of is the fact that I have a place to go to buy rock solid, high quality Christmas light controllers that hardly ever have a problem for a reasonable price. Anytime there is a problem the vendor jumps right on it and is flexible in helping me out. Even when I run out of licenses they say, no problem here's a few more. Shoot they even warranty the kits!

I'm very appreciative that LOR produces a high-quality product and bends over backwards to help on any issue that comes up. I wouldn't go changing things too much :(

Have I mentioned that I'm still checking for the 2010 contest winners every day :D

I couldnt agree more with your comment. Dan I for myself greatly appreciate all that you have done for us as a community and applaud you for creating a company with such a great customer service base unlike so many out there today.

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Well..

and I would NEVER want to offend anyone here... :P

seriously :P:P:P

Jim can you put music to these words so we can sequence this LOL :P
Sure...

Already got it sequenced for you.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
Well..

and I would NEVER want to offend anyone here... :P

seriously :P:P:P

Jim can you put music to these words so we can sequence this LOL :P
Sure...

Already got it sequenced for you.

LMAOROTF I had no idea the auto sequencer worked so well ;)

It must be in the process of being improved - seems to work even better now than it did in Jersey.