Top Posters In This Topic

• Dave Boros

• jimswinder

• EARLE W. TALLEY

• caniac

• 4 weeks later...

pikadroo wrote:

Dave Boros wrote:
Looks nice. I'm hoping to add some arches and a webber tree or two next year. Fun stuff!

Thankie! =D

Yes, the problem with success is you start to think bigger. Is that a quote? hehehe I am going to attack the webber tree next year maybe. Sigh... always next year.

Drew

My biggest problem is $$. I want to add 48 more channels to put me at 80 total. Figure I could easily do 3 7ch arches and make 2 webbers, but only use one controller, just build them opposite of each other for asymmetrical effect. My wife told me to open another bank acct just for lights. But yeah, gotta wait till next year.

pikadroo wrote:

I wanna make two more for the other side of the yard but I dunno if my wrists can take the abuse (yes bad carpel tunnel).

I think you need two or three more for the driveway!!!

Great Job though!!

I know this is erecting an old thread here, but I have looked at the arches (my wife wants them next year) and it seems there is no way to do these without chewing up several control boxes for them. They can be mirrored, or chase in the setup. It looks like it will soak up at minimum 8 channels for the mirrored, and up to 32 channels for the chase setup. The CCr's are gorgeous, but are more expensive than just buying another box. lol
Is there anything Im missing here on how these are wired up?

On another note, can you wire to inputs to one strand? Or will that fry the controller?

ydeardorff wrote:

It looks like it will soak up at minimum 8 channels for the mirrored, and up to 32 channels for the chase setup.

**For 4 arches with 8 segments each, that would be 32 WONDERFUL Channels...**

The CCr's are gorgeous, but are more expensive than just buying another box.

**But don't forget the 32 strands of lights you also need with the 2 controllers...so if you buy 2 Controller @ about $200 ($400 total) and 32 strands of 100ct LED's @ $12 per string ($384) so a total of just under $800...

4 CCR's at Sale Prices...about $800...PLUS less set-up time...PLUS more Colors...PLUS more versatility...

I have 12 arches - 4 Mega (with 9 segments each) and 8 Minis (with 5 segments each)...each two color so a total of 152 channels just for my arches...so if you are concerned about channel count..you are in the wrong hobby!!! :D

On another note, can you wire to inputs to one strand? Or will that fry the controller?

**Don't know exactly what you are asking...**

jimswinder wrote:

What?!?! Jim doesn't have an answer for something! I am truelly shocked.... :D

crackchecker wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

What?!?! Jim doesn't have an answer for something! I am truelly shocked.... :)
wasn't that an answer? :D