Light-O-Rama Forums

Lighting Ceremony

jstorms

The day before Thanksgiving I did my first test, at 12:30AM. My neighbor came out, we watched the show :)

Of course if I was featured on national TV as a patriot, then maybe I'd do something bigger ;) Hey maybe you can get O'Riley there to throw the switch :)

Last year was my first but the word got out so I had about 75 people for the 1st show. Talk about nervous. I went to watch with the folks and drove over my own mailbox! I am expecting double that number this year.

Currently working on a full battery powered LED suit to wear for the first song of the year. Probably a Disney orchestral song. My kid laughs hysterically whenever I talk about running around the front yard with the suit lit up and a LED wand turning on all the individual components in the setup. I will have to navigate the guy wires and extension cords....and of course, the new mailbox.

Mwhite7097 wrote:

Currently working on a full battery powered LED suit to wear for the first song of the year. Probably a Disney orchestral song. My kid laughs hysterically whenever I talk about running around the front yard with the suit lit up and a LED wand turning on all the individual components in the setup. I will have to navigate the guy wires and extension cords....and of course, the new mailbox.

That sounds like a great idea. Would be funny to see. You'd have to practice a few times to get the timing right. Would be cool to get a DC controller and a Wireless Linker so that your suit flashes to the music too. :D