• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terrypowerz

• Greg Young

• Frank Picozzi

• kzaas

We will be having the "White Elephant" gift exchange at ICE this year.
If you have never been part of one, the concept is simple and it ends up being quite fun!

1. Decide if you want to take part... it is totally voluntary, so there is no pressure to participate.

2. Look through your "inventory" and pick something (or things) that you feel like you will not use yourself, but someone else may cherish. Christmas or decorating related is suggested of course...

3. "But Bob, how much should the gift be worth?" :confused:
The question always comes up, and there is no right or wrong answer in my book.
It isn't about $$... it is about the fun (and knowing that you might even get something you would really enjoy as well!)

4. Wrap it up as best you you can to conceal the contents. Newspaper, duct tape, tarps, USPS boxes (used of course :)), gift wrap, pillow cases, Light-O-Rama enclosures, etc. are perfectly acceptable wrapping methods.
Do NOT put your name on it. If you think it is needed you may put a suggestion on it... like: "For a lady" or "External use only"... to either help get it to someone who might enjoy it, or to REALLY have fun when the recipient opens it. :cool:
The concept is for people to NOT know what they are selecting, or who it is from. (You can tell afterwords...if you want)

5. If you bring a gift, you will get a gift...

6. "Stealing" is allowed and encouraged...
2 steals and a gift is dead. No one can steal it after that... if it sounds confusing, we will explain it in more detail at the event... Trust me it can get fun! ;)

terrypowerz wrote:

We will be having the "White Elephant" gift exchange at ICE this year.
If you have never been part of one, the concept is simple and it ends up being quite fun!

1. Decide if you want to take part... it is totally voluntary, so there is no pressure to participate.

2. Look through your "inventory" and pick something (or things) that you feel like you will not use yourself, but someone else may cherish. Christmas or decorating related is suggested of course...

3. "But Bob, how much should the gift be worth?" :confused:
The question always comes up, and there is no right or wrong answer in my book.
It isn't about $$... it is about the fun (and knowing that you might even get something you would really enjoy as well!)

4. Wrap it up as best you you can to conceal the contents. Newspaper, duct tape, tarps, USPS boxes (used of course :)), gift wrap, pillow cases, Light-O-Rama enclosures, etc. are perfectly acceptable wrapping methods.
Do NOT put your name on it. If you think it is needed you may put a suggestion on it... like: "For a lady" or "External use only"... to either help get it to someone who might enjoy it, or to REALLY have fun when the recipient opens it. :cool:
The concept is for people to NOT know what they are selecting, or who it is from. (You can tell afterwords...if you want)

5. If you bring a gift, you will get a gift...

6. "Stealing" is allowed and encouraged...
2 steals and a gift is dead. No one can steal it after that... if it sounds confusing, we will explain it in more detail at the event... Trust me it can get fun! ;)

This sounds like something that would go on in NJ

Is there by chance going to be any webcast of any of the sessions of ICE (or any upcoming mini's for that matter)? Seems to me that Carolina did last year. Anybody know?

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Is there by chance going to be any webcast of any of the sessions of ICE (or any upcoming mini's for that matter)? Seems to me that Carolina did last year. Anybody know?

Get your lazy ass in a car and drive on over :)

I'm driving down from Buffalo so I don't want to hear it's too far to drive ;)

ICE event times:

For those that will be in town this coming Friday evening, the Reception will be at the Cambria at 6 PM ET

Saturday morning, registration check in will start 8 AM, and the program will get underway starting promptly at 9 at the event site

Looking forward to seeing you there! :)

basis21b wrote:

Who let Frank in here?!?

(Someone had to say it.)

somone left the back door open :) and he just waltzed right in

Now that several of the folks who attended have confirmed that they have arrived back home safely, I wanted to take a moment to thank EVERYONE who helped make this years ICE event the best one yet! :)

I have always maintained that is the people who attend ICE are what really make it what it is... organizing it is just getting everyone in the same place at the same time and trying to make certain they hopefully have fun and enjoy themselves!
(Hopefully we were successful)

The people who volunteered to share and headed up the education sessions did an awesome job and I want to say "Thank You!" for all your hard work and time. With all of the questions that were asked, answered, and discussed I think everyone walked away with some new and different knowledge and ideas, even the "vets".

I also want to personally Thank the vendors and sponsors who have supported ICE and really have made it all possible... please visit indianachristmas.com for a full list as well as links to their respective websites.
(and please buy some "stuff" when you do, because they DO give back!)

One personal shout out here in the LOR forum... "Dan, Thank you!!!"

(We managed to bring a died-in-wool user of "other stuff" over to the "Light-side" this weekend with your help) :cool:

Terry