Light-O-Rama Forums

if i buy 2 cosmic ribbons how many controlers do ineed i have 1 now

james morris

i dont know a lot about the cosmic ribbons but im thinking about geting 2 need to know how many controlers to buy withem them for the summer sale please help a newbe

Don I see you are a beta tester. But, each CCR comes with it's own controller, no? I have two (just received them) and you don't need anyother controller. You can hook them up by themselves just like you can a 16ch controller to control strings of lights.

Jeff

jbzeus wrote:

Don I see you are a beta tester.  But, each CCR comes with it's own controller, no?  I have two (just received them) and you don't need anyother controller.  You can hook them up by themselves just like you can a 16ch controller to control strings of lights.

Jeff

You are correct.

jbzeus wrote:

Don I see you are a beta tester. But, each CCR comes with it's own controller, no? I have two (just received them) and you don't need anyother controller. You can hook them up by themselves just like you can a 16ch controller to control strings of lights.

Jeff

Correct. When you buy a CCR it contains the controller, power supply and ribbon. You do not need anything else to run the CCR. (Though, you would need *something* to program it with, so you would need software, and a USB-RS485 so that you can either run it stand-alone, or connected to the computer.)

You do not need any other LOR controllers to run the CCR. Should also note you can buy just the ribbon, controller or power supply (if you need a replacement.)

You can buy 1 controller and three ribbons and it would work...You would have to have an awareness that each ribbon requires about 3 amps of 12vdc powwer to run. The supplied power strip supplied is only three amps...So you would have to supply an additional 6 amps to the extra 2 ribbons. Without a back ground in electronics Stay away!!!
There are MANY other issues such as intensity and resolution issues to take into account. If your not into electronics don't even attempt!!!!

• The topic was locked