Light-O-Rama Forums

House on Christmas Street - created with auto-sequencing

BrianBruderer

Been a while since I have posted. I have been doing a lot of work enhancing the "Instant Sequence" feature in the SuperStar software. It now does analysis on the waveform in a song and has a timing map that can trigger up to 24 regions each based on their own portion of the frequency spectrum.

I have created a sequence to the song, "House on Christmas Street" that uses the new timing map and applies the themes, colors, and movement to each of the ribbons in my display. The link on youtube is:

I created the automated part of the sequence in about an hour. The star was done manually, and that took a little over an hour. After seeing it in action on real CCRs, I modified a few of the automated parts, that took another half hour. Incredibly fast compared to manual creation of a CCR sequence. The "hand-crafted" sequences will always be the best, but the auto-sequenced ones are way cool too!

The software that created this sequence is not yet available. It of course will eventually be available for purchase through Light-O-Rama.

-Brian Bruderer

Awesome! The big question, obviously: Will this be able to be used to run a LOR lightshow by inputting a song and letting it create the lightshow sequence... I am a total newbie and have trouble getting the spouse to allow me time to sequence the normal way...She Hates it when I wear headphones when she is around! Says I am leaving her alone! :D Next would be to have the lightshow run with a live song input!...dreams...dreams...

rodman1369 wrote:

Awesome! The big question, obviously: Will this be able to be used to run a LOR lightshow by inputting a song and letting it create the lightshow sequence... I am a total newbie and have trouble getting the spouse to allow me time to sequence the normal way...She Hates it when I wear headphones when she is around! Says I am leaving her alone! :D Next would be to have the lightshow run with a live song input!...dreams...dreams...

The "Instant Sequence" feature does require some input from the person that is sequencing. In "House on Christmas Street" you can see that the theme, color, movement settings change periodically. The points at which they change and how to set the theme, color, movement and how to set the timing map are controlled by you. So there is still some "hand-crafting" that is done.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

rodman1369 wrote:

The "Instant Sequence" feature does require some input from the person that is sequencing. In "House on Christmas Street" you can see that the theme, color, movement settings change periodically. The points at which they change and how to set the theme, color, movement and how to set the timing map are controlled by you. So there is still some "hand-crafting" that is done.

-Brian Bruderer
so how many CCR's were used for that tree?

Wow Brian, this looks great! You're convincing me to make the jump to some CCRs next year. I never knew they could look this good.

Brian -

That is awesome. Will that feature become part of the LOR S3 release? Makes me want to go out and spend a lot of money!

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

Brian -

That is awesome. Will that feature become part of the LOR S3 release? Makes me want to go out and spend a lot of money!

D.T.

The new timing map most definitely will be available in the LOR S3 release. I am doing further testing and adding a few more bells and whistles to make it as easy to use as possible.

-Brian Bruderer

• The topic was locked