Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Mega trees

TitusCarnathan

For this year I am planning on making two 5 foot mini mega trees at first i was thinking of using red and blue sets but I now I would like to use rgb lights

what should i use for rgb lights or how would I make my own that would look good on a mega tree

If you want 120v lights, I hear Philips is going to have something - but not sure if you will be able to control them.

Low voltage you have some options. one being the color cosmic bulbs.

I have elected to go with these;

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/314088420-12mm-diameter-through-hole-LED-channel-letter-DC5V-input-RGB-waterproof-0-3W-120degree-beam-angle-wholesalers.html

I have about 1000 of them. You can control them with a LOR DC board

Do I remember a post saying something about a pre-buy next month (which is this month MAY) on the RGB bulb string?

Thomas

T110431 wrote:

How long is the strand supposed to be on the CCB's

Dan had mentioned they would be about 66' long...

Don't know if that has changed as it was several months ago he said that...

Jim I don't thing they are 66 feet long or 66 inches if you mean inches. Either way it is to long or to short for light strands. Or I could be wrong too.

Thomas

TGabriel wrote:

Jim I don't thing they are 66 feet long or 66 inches if you mean inches. Either way it is to long or to short for light strands. Or I could be wrong too.

Thomas

I beleive the spacing was going to be 8", so for a 100 bulbs (essentially two strings), that would be 800 inches...or just over 66'...

Per Dan in this post:

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum25/25718.html

Hello,

We do not have firm prices yet for the CCBs but we do have ball park retail prices. First a description of the CCB...

The CCB will use power line communication. That means that it will not need a data cable going to it but only a power cord plug and the data will go over the power line using regular extension cords. So for a mega tree you could run a single power cord and use in-line vampire plugs around the bottom of a tree and just plug the CCBs into it. Regular data cable control will also be included.

The CCB bulb will be molded to look like a C9 Christmas Light (molds are currently being produced and we will provide pictures as soon as possible)...

The CCB comes in strings of 50 bulbs with 8" spacing. The CCB controller will accept 1 or 2 strings of CCB bulbs. The CCB will be sold in 50 and 100 bulb sets. The set includes the controller with internal power supply and one or two sets of bulbs.

Ball park prices... 100 bulb set will be about $199 (or about $99 per sting of 50)... 50 bulb set will be about $149... We plan to have them on pre sale in the February/March sale. I do not know what the sale prices will be.

------

The Cosmic Color Flood will come with a controller/power supply in weather resistant enclosure. The flood heads will be in sealed aluminum enclosures with mounting brackets, sealed cables with sealed connectors run back to the controller. The controller is a 6 channel, constant current driver that can handle one or two heads.

If you purchase the two head package, it will run about $149 per head, this includes cables, enclosures, flood heads, constant current driver, outdoor power supply. A single head package will be about $199

Dan

Like I said I could be wrong and I was.
Thank for correcting me, now when is the pre-buy.

Thomas

i did the math as long as the 100 ct sets are 66 feet I should be fine on have one set on each mini mega tree I did price comparrison with rgb rope light which is expensive and the ccbs come out to be cheaper at 200 dollars a set

Jeff Millard wrote:

DownTown wrote:
Can't wait to see the CCBs!

D.T

Sent a PM asking if we could get a set for June 10th. Looks like it's a month in advance of Gatlinburg so we'll probably be discussing a picture rather than holding a string of lights.

Jeff

Dan could always bring one of his demo strings....

The other option Jeff is that we could tie him up, using some old incandescent minis/zip ties and not untie him until Mary agrees to bring an example of one! :shock:

On the other hand.. she might decide not to! :P

Greg