Light-O-Rama Forums

Possible LOR competition?

Guest guest

Orville wrote:

Cray Augsburg wrote:
Thanks, Chuck. Didn't know Orville's name was Clay. Ah well . . . I always seem to be a day late and a $ short.

My name IS Orville, middle name is Clay and what a lot of folks know me by.

Just to clear that up.

Interesting . . .

MY middle name is Cray, and that's what everybody knows me as. My first name isn't Cray -- we won't go into that.

Thanks for helping clear it up, Orville.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james campbell

• Frank Picozzi

• rodman1369

• Cray Augsburg

Orville wrote:

scubado wrote:
It was mentioned early in the thread that LOR could do a form of auto sequencing using a single controller, how do you do it?

I think you're thinking of LORVis that I mentioned.

http://www.nopotatos.com/LORVis/

This will not create an auto-sequence, but what it does is allow you to select a  single controller and play a playlist of music using Windows Media Player (WMP). 

LORVis is a visualizer plug-in for WMP.  And you can go in and set each controller channel up by setting and varying the Power or Frequency options to make the lights dance to the music at different times or intensities.

It should work for what you're wanting to do.

I've been playing around with it and it's pretty cool, but not something I'd use for an actual display (although someone might).

Make note: It WILL work with a CTB16PC controller, but it doesn't turn the lights off at the end of the song.  So some lights will stay lit until the next song starts.  When you close WMP, all the lights WILL GO OUT within a few seconds or so.

Do you know if it will work with a DC controller? My landscape lights run on 12V.

Guest guest

scubado wrote:

Orville wrote:
scubado wrote:
It was mentioned early in the thread that LOR could do a form of auto sequencing using a single controller, how do you do it?

I think you're thinking of LORVis that I mentioned.

http://www.nopotatos.com/LORVis/

This will not create an auto-sequence, but what it does is allow you to select a single controller and play a playlist of music using Windows Media Player (WMP).

LORVis is a visualizer plug-in for WMP. And you can go in and set each controller channel up by setting and varying the Power or Frequency options to make the lights dance to the music at different times or intensities.

It should work for what you're wanting to do.

I've been playing around with it and it's pretty cool, but not something I'd use for an actual display (although someone might).

Make note: It WILL work with a CTB16PC controller, but it doesn't turn the lights off at the end of the song. So some lights will stay lit until the next song starts. When you close WMP, all the lights WILL GO OUT within a few seconds or so.

Do you know if it will work with a DC controller? My landscape lights run on 12V.

I'm not familair with the DC controller information. But this is what controllers the LORVis site says will work with the plugin.

(Copied from the LORVis link posted above)

Note: LORVis is known to worth with the CTB-80D, CTB16-D and CTB-08 controllers. It may work with other LOR controllers as well but has not been tested

So all I could tell you is do what I did and try it with the controller you want to use to see if it works. The CTB16PC controller isn't listed and it worked, all I can say is try it with your DC board, and if it works, e-mail the person from the LORVis site and let them know it worked so they can possibly add it to the list of controllers LORVis will work with. I did e-mail them a few days ago letting them know it did work with the CTB16PC.

George Simmons wrote:

-{START of QUOTE}-One way you can tell how you're progressing is to keep a copy of your very first sequence. Forever. In the short term, it allows you to monitor your improvement and progress. If you look at that sequence again in six months and don't see any difference in the quality of what you're doing then as compared to now, you might want to consider listing your controllers for sale. -{END of QUOTE}-

Pout... My Halloween sequences are the same every year because I don't change anything for the one day. Does that mean I have to sell my controllers?

Like someone said there is the UV wizzard that should do Auto sequencing.

I like the fact that not just anyone can do this...If everyone in your neighbourhood was doing this would it as special? ....Oh wait that would be cool! Ok never mind!