Light-O-Rama Forums

Rabbits

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

well the other day I noticed that we have not one but two rabbits living under one of my pine trees, my wife said oh ya I have been throwing them some scraps every now and then they look cute, I know when I set up in the fall they will more than likley start chewing on my cords, so without actually using a shotgun to remove the little fellas, what is a safe and discreet way of removing the lttle guys without my wife knowing about it? :D

Had the same problem with "WILD CATS" Got some critter traps from animal control and after 5 trips the issue is mute now. A lady down the street had 30+ cats and when she was evicted she left them behind!!!

The last three years I had many chewed wires and was repairing daily. This year I sprayed them all in a bucket and let them dried with this. Ropel

http://www.doitbest.com/Insecticides+and+insect+repellants-Excel+Marketing-model-100503134-doitbest-sku-701146.dib?utm_source=shoppingfeeds&utm_medium=googlebase&utm_campaign=BROI

No chewed wires for the month of December. I will warn you... wear long gloves while handling wires and lights you just sprayed. I washed my hands 10 times and still got a bitter taste while eating chips and a burger. For 2 days I was trying to eat food I normally touch by hand with a fork. Try eating chips with a fork!

Had a similar problem. There were three rabbits, who would come into the yard after dark to partake of munchies. I guess, since this is Vegas, they thought it was a buffet. After much damage to my plants
I decided to take action.
I have a miniature Poodle who thinks she is a Rottweiler. I have a fenced front yard. After spotting the rabbits in the yard. I called to my Poodle “Rabbits in the Yard!” She took off after the nearest one. It was a**holes and elbows for a few moments as she chased the rabbit around the yard. She finally closed on him and bit him in the butt. He let out a scream, kicked it into high gear and jumped the fence, never to be seen again, nor his partners. Problem solved.
The rabbit probably now sits in his rocking chair and tells his grand-rabbits how he escaped from the clutches of a giant monster.
wabbits.jpg

The only problem I have had with "pests" was the neighbor kids right next door. Of course they and their parents adamantly denied any wrongdoing. It was interesting how the vandalism abruptly stopped one year when they moved on about December 15th. Never a problem since then.

Out here in the Midwest there is only way to handle those varmints and protect yer' homestead.
You need an official red rider BB gun with a compass in the stock.
You don't have to worry about the woman folk getting up in yer face either 'cause if you do actually hit on with the +-3 inch accuracy at 15 feet, it will not kill them, just cause a welt and maybe an infection if it breaks the skin.

This year my wife joined in and was sitting on the porch smoking and shooting at them.

CKSedg wrote:

The only problem I have had with "pests" was the neighbor kids right next door. Of course they and their parents adamantly denied any wrongdoing. It was interesting how the vandalism abruptly stopped one year when they moved on about December 15th. Never a problem since then.
had a similar issue and found a web site that had dummy surveillance equipment. looks exactly like the real thing even down to the flashing LED which is the only thing real. hadn't had issues since.

Trade ya, I found two opossums in the last 2 days. I'm sure there are more!! Kinda cute, but, I do not want them in my yard. Just babies, about 3-4weeks old. Thank goodness someone comes and gets them for free!!

shfr26 wrote:

I found two opossums in the last 2 days.
Pete, In the Redneck South, where I did grow up, "possums" were considered a delicacy. You've got two and possibility of more.:P

GaryBo wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
I found two opossums in the last 2 days.
Pete, In the Redneck South, where I did grow up, "possums" were considered a delicacy. You've got two and possibility of more.:P

So he should feel blessed that he has an idea what his next meal is gonna be.