Light-O-Rama Forums

ordering controller

eschlomach

Orville wrote:

Think I have about 500-600 6' extension cords at that time (actually lost count after 350):), then come November, seems I still needed about another 20-30 for my Christmas Display. Good Grief!, I thought I had enough from all the ones from Halloween! Nope, still needed more.

Wow...I have 528 Channels and don't have THAT many extensions cords!!!

Of course, for my one element that took up 218 channels, I did make some cables using molex type connectors, so each "extension cord" handled 4 channels (Red, Green, Blue, and White)...probably was not cheaper and quite labor extensive, but I needed the weight savings as this element was up in the air...

Obviously not ENOUGH weight savings though, as it still pulled my Weber tree over!! LOL

Take a look at one of my videos linked below to understand what I am talking about... :D

Orville wrote:

Think I have about 500-600 6' extension cords at that time (actually lost count after 350):), then come November, seems I still needed about another 20-30 for my Christmas Display.

I lost light counts after 10,000. Now I just build things and say 3 more boxes should be enough. I've even gave extension cord away for a mini cause I had too many.

jimswinder wrote:

Orville wrote:
Think I have about 500-600 6' extension cords at that time (actually lost count after 350):P, then come November, seems I still needed about another 20-30 for my Christmas Display. Good Grief!, I thought I had enough from all the ones from Halloween! Nope, still needed more.

Wow...I have 528 Channels and don't have THAT many extensions cords!!!

Of course, for my one element that took up 218 channels, I did make some cables using molex type connectors, so each "extension cord" handled 4 channels (Red, Green, Blue, and White)...probably was not cheaper and quite labor extensive, but I needed the weight savings as this element was up in the air...

Obviously not ENOUGH weight savings though, as it still pulled my Weber tree over!! LOL

Take a look at one of my videos linked below to understand what I am talking about... :D

I think it's because I didn't need the really long ones and so just put two or three together to make what I needed, .97 a cord only equated to a little over $3.00 for a 18' cord, if I bought a cord that length, cost was usually from $12.00-$18.00, plus I would also chop up the cords and make my own lengths from them using old male/female plug ends from old defective light strings. So saved a bundle on the plugs I needed too. That way I got rid of some of those peskly "polarized" outlets on the extension cords that just aren't needed for 99% of the decor sold for Halloween and Christmas don't have polarized plugs. So why should my extension cords?

Heat shrink, cutting cords and using male/female plugs was just the better and cheapest route for me to go at the time.

So now I have lengths from as short as 3" to 80'! Even though I didn't need any longer than around 13'-14', but made a couple SUPER LONG ones just in case!;)

Plus I also found a tote load of extension cords that I couldn't find when I wanted the darn things!!! Another reason I have so many now.:shock:

evan.a wrote:

Orville wrote:
Think I have about 500-600 6' extension cords at that time (actually lost count after 350):P, then come November, seems I still needed about another 20-30 for my Christmas Display.

I lost light counts after 10,000. Now I just build things and say 3 more boxes should be enough. I've even gave extension cord away for a mini cause I had too many.

Hee hee, I lost count after 25,000. Just got to be too much trying to remember how mnay lights on a string and what each string length is. Now I just can look at them by sight and figure which one I need to use next to each other or in a specific arrangement I may want to try.