Light-O-Rama Forums

need enclosures.....

Mike Cole

Dan Dameron wrote:

Hi, friskybri...

I use those... they work fine... I have 22 w/the high power heatsinks... you just need to determine how you want to mount the cards :smile:

I echo Max's comments..thanks.

I managed to grab a dozen keptel enclosure off ebay for next to nothing after they went out of business...but these look as good or better....but I'm hoping I don't need to find out until next year...

Not sure which board you are using, but as I look at the dimensions of a CTB-16D with HP heatsinks, thinking it would only fit "vertically" to avoid the security stud, which then makes me wonder with the cable holes at the bottom.

Curious which board you are using..got any pics of one mounted in the box?

I was disappointed that the Broadband store stopped selling the boxes. That's where I got the one for mounting my FM transmitter and DC-MP3 Showtime Director in, and was hoping to get a couple more of them a lot later on.

They still have my purchase invoice on site, but no longer carry any boxes.

Wonder why they stopped carrying them?

I e-mailed them, but never got a response as to how come they quit carrying the line of boxes they had sold last year(2010), when I bought mine.

Orville wrote:

Wonder why they stopped carrying them?

This was the "retail" web channel for the parent company. The mgrs of the YBBS offered so many discounts and specials plus free shipping etc on the boxes that they were losing money.

Simple economics.

You can still order the boxes from the parent company, after submitting your business license and subject to their minimum order requirements

http://www.hometech.com/hts/products/wiring/enclosures/weatherproof/index.html

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is a great box. I like this one better then the one from YBBS. It has three more opening in the bottom so you can have cat 5 cable going in one side and out the other. I dont have to push the cables down to make it fit. On the other side I not a fan of the hinges but it works. I am pleased with the box over all. I would recommend these if anyone is on the fence about ordering.

I also have some of these boxes for my DMX boards. If you rate a Kepel cg1500 and the box LOR uses at 10, this box is an 8 or 9.

As Friskybri said the hinge is the weak link. the only other thing is you have to seal the screw holes (not a big deal).

If you are looking for a box that will fit a power supply and a DC card, this is a good box to use.

Attached files 247346=13460-boxwithdmxandpower.jpg