Light-O-Rama Forums

Building CCR's In Circles

Ralph A

I will be building two ccr's in circles this year and was wanting to get the options of those who have done this and how they would build them. Any possible pictures or plans if possible.

My plan was to take 1/2 electrical pvc cut to 16 feet 4 inches make the best circle possible, use wire if necessary to straighten. Build a stand and that about covers it. Anything I missed or if you have a better way I'm all ears!!

Thanks for the help and advise!
Ralph

Here is a link to thread with videos of CCR's in a circle, I saw pictures of how they where made and I'm still looking for them...

Ralph A wrote:

My plan was to take 1/2 electrical pvc cut to 16 feet 4 inches make the best circle possible...

Make sure you leave yourself enough extra length so that when you connect the two pieces you still have the proper length circumference. Also, I'd recommend using 3/4" PVC instead of 1/2" - if you're using cable ties there will be less tendency to distort the shape of the CCR. Also, snug the cable tie JUST ENOUGH to hold the CCR in position - again the goal is to not distort the shape of the ribbon.

I attach my PVC circle to a 4x4 treated post using pipe hangers top and bottom to maintain a circular shape.

• The topic was locked