Light-O-Rama Forums

I have just been threatened!

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

GaryBo wrote:

Everyone has missed the obvious solution:
If you are a "redneck" or even part of, you are allowed to keep the lights up all year round.:D

OK I have to ask are your lights still up LOL :D

GaryBo wrote:

OK I have to ask are your lights still up LOL :D
No, but some were still up last week!!:D

hey here's a suggestion for those that don't want to "take their lights down", just move down here to Florida and move into the little town of "Christmas" just outside Orlando.

A lot of the folks that live there leave their lights up all year round. So it wouldn't even be noticed.

That's where the wife and I are looking to possibly purchase our next home, so maybe we could be neighbors! LOL

No sure if there is anyone currently in Christmas Florida that does the LOR type stuff, don't recall seeing any listed, not that there isn't, but I just haven't seen one listed, so you (or I) could be the first to invade and step up the decor a few notches.

Any takers for a move where it doesn't snow, still gets cold, sometimes we do get ice (very little), but you could sequence your heart out and no one would mind at all.:D

BTW: it is "considered" red-neck territory, so ya'all nawthern red-necks could move right in and feel right at home too.:D:shock::cool:

Guest Don Gillespie

Cajun Cheesehead wrote:

It's not that you haven't taken down last year's lights. It's that you already have next years up.

I like this will show my wife see what she says LOL :P:P

For what it's worth, I live in Kentucky, the Land O Rednecks. (Hey, mnemonically that would be L O R .)

About a third of my lights are still up. Let's see . . .

Valentine's Day - turned the red ones on

St Pat's - yup, the green ones are on

Easter - we'll have the white ones, to go with the bunny blowmolds

July 4th - red and white with a sprinkling of blowmolds.

etc . . .

yeah, we can pretty much use 'em year round.

Guest Don Gillespie

Cray Augsburg wrote:

For what it's worth, I live in Kentucky, the Land O Rednecks. (Hey, mnemonically that would be L O R .)

About a third of my lights are still up. Let's see . . .

Valentine's Day - turned the red ones on

St Pat's - yup, the green ones are on

Easter - we'll have the white ones, to go with the bunny blowmolds

July 4th - red and white with a sprinkling of blowmolds.

etc . . .

yeah, we can pretty much use 'em year round.

Cray you are the only guy with the right idea I have been trying to convince my wife we could do mulitple shows when she sees this I know she will think I am nuts LOL :P

Thanks! But I'm really not the ONLY guy with the right idea . . . people on this forum are so creative in SOOO many ways!

Truly, my remaining lights will come down eventually (don't show your wife THIS!)

The Dogwood tree will grow, and I really hate seeing s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d mini-light strings.

The 18 single-color LED spots (red, green and white) in the large Oak tree will be replaced by several Rainbow Floods.

And the 300 C9s on the eaves will lose their paint in the summer heat (need to invest in some dimmable retros with Paul).

BUT, driving the beautiful backroads in Kentucky at ANY time during the year will net you several "homes" with white-wire icicle lights hanging in all their glory.

Cray Augsburg wrote:

Thanks! But I'm really not the ONLY guy with the right idea . . . people on this forum are so creative in SOOO many ways!

Truly, my remaining lights will come down eventually (don't show your wife THIS!)

The Dogwood tree will grow, and I really hate seeing s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d mini-light strings.

The 18 single-color LED spots (red, green and white) in the large Oak tree will be replaced by several Rainbow Floods.

And the 300 C9s on the eaves will lose their paint in the summer heat (need to invest in some dimmable retros with Paul).

BUT, driving the beautiful backroads in Kentucky at ANY time during the year will net you several "homes" with white-wire icicle lights hanging in all their glory.
Ummm... what about groundhog's day?!?!

BrownOut wrote:

Ummm... what about groundhog's day?!?!

Well we're missing all the Presidents Birthdays, Labor Day, Arbor Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Secretary Day and all those other holidays where the postal service doesn't deliver mail and/or banks are closed. Can't forget about all those too.

So I guess the lights should never come down, only the blowmolds or other decor that doesn't fit the particular holiday in question for sequencing. :dude:

my wife did the same to me.......So i know what the right thing to do......I took the lights down and then i ran really fast. lol, NEVER [Foul Language Used] OFF THE WIFE!

I'm thinking if mine are going to be up more that 1/2 the year (Oct - April) then why bother taking them down for a few months?????
I can always weed wack around the blow molds :)

Guest Don Gillespie

Ralph D wrote:

my wife did the same to me.......So i know what the right thing to do......I took the lights down and then i ran really fast. lol, NEVER [Foul Language Used] OFF THE WIFE!

LOL :)

Guest Don Gillespie

FYI Lights are coming down today the trees are empty of lights, the shrubs are empty of lights, the lights from the angel to the ground are still frozen in the ground can not break them free, the extension cords are almost put away still under 2 feet of ice however the good news is my wife still loves me and she has decided not to leave me LOL :D