Light-O-Rama Forums

New Fuse Replacement?

Robert G.

During the Christmas season, one of my controllers blew a fuse on channels 1-8. The fuse broke inside the holder and glass was stuck in there. I removed all the glass, but when I put the new fuse in, it doesn't work. I don't think anything else is stuck in there, but if there is then I can't get to it. I looked around the LOR store and didn't see any replacement fuse holders. Anyone know where I can buy them, or is there another solution to fixing my current holder?

Any help appreciated.

I'm guessing you have a 1602 that you are asking the question. Contact LOR support. They should take care of you.

Guest Don Gillespie

Sorry Robert I was busy with some clients, what I did if I can remember the exact procedure was this makig sure the controller is unplugged then using a drill bit I think I used a 14 inch bit insert the bit into the metal casing that houses the fuse and turn it clockwise about one turn you will know when it is in because it gets tight when that happens gently pull the broken fuse out of the housing then turn the conroller over making sure all debris is out of the fuse holder and then insert the new fuse and you should be back in buisness.

Hope this helps if you have any other questions please ask if the 14 inch bit doesn't work try a litlle larger like 38s if I can findthe link of when I posted I will post it for you :)

Guest Don Gillespie

If anyone else is going to try this make sure to unplug the controller so that there is no current going to the controller I don't want anyone getting electrocuted

Today I made sure the holder was empty. There's nothing in the way but when I put the fuse and the cap in I feel friction. I also notice the cap doesn't press down and lock tightly. Overall I troubleshooted the possibilities and I need a new fuse holder. It's the only way. Any ideas on where I can get hold of one?

Thanks

I'd go with Kevin's suggestion and contact LOR. I believe they had an issue with fuse holders a while back, and have been very helpful to others that had similar problems.

Send it to LOR and have THEM fix it. If you tinker with it and break the fuse holder or anything else, you risk voiding the warranty. Let the pro's fix it. They've always fixed mine straight away with no problems.