Light-O-Rama Forums

MORE SNOW

Dale J

Dale J wrote:

well we missed it down here looks like your snow is gonna be hanging around for awhile

Still love them Ventures

Way up this way it might not snow for a bit but it sure is cold for the next 7 days for sure.

Extreme cold & snow is way worse. I saw a Jack Rabbit with a suit case and a sign saying "Going to Florida for the rest of the winter"

We had record breaking snowfall this year and because of that I saw a line up of deer at the food bank.

Bad enough we are paying $101.9 a litre for gas. That is a little more than $4.00 a gallon.

lightzilla wrote:

Bad enough we are paying $101.9 a litre for gas. That is a little more than $4.00 a gallon.

In Ontario right now, the going rate is about 111.9/liter.

As for temps... You can keep your -20* weather... If the weather stays at the -5 it has been, maybe I'll be able to get the rest of my decorations off the lawn by months end, lol.

ace_master wrote:

lightzilla wrote:

In Ontario right now, the going rate is about 111.9/liter.

As for temps... You can keep your -20* weather... If the weather stays at the -5 it has been, maybe I'll be able to get the rest of my decorations off the lawn by months end, lol.

I should have taken down the stuff on the deck when it was +7 up here 6 days ago, now we are back in this deep freeze and all it does is get worth by next Friday.

Good thing it is a long weekend at least and that way the work week is 1 day shorter.

Well I do not envy your gas prices in your part of Ontario. Man that really hurts. Of course someone from the UK will chime in and say they are paying $2.00 per liter. lol

The bright side to all this is that the day light is getting longer. I can now drive to work in day light and drive home after work in daylight. Getting close to 12 hours of daylight and we should hit close to 19 hours by the end of may.

ya forgot about our northern neighbors, its like cold there nine months out of the year isn't it? but on the other hand great fishing
and not to hi jack my on post but what about the northern lights some day i'll make it up there to see um

Ron Amedee wrote:

I feel your PAIN !!! 72f today, short pants all day. Had to sit on the dock watching boats on the water and hundreds of bikes on the road !!! Louisiana...It's a love hate relationship!!!

We had a great couple of days---in the 50s---and then it snowed last night. We got about 4 inches, 30 miles north of SLC.

Dale J wrote:

well we missed it down here looks like your snow is gonna be hanging around for awhile

Still love them Ventures

Yeah, it finally started snowing around 5 pm today - about 18 hours later than they were forecasting 24 hours ago. Morons... They're still saying we're due for a foot or so...

The Ventures are by far the number one musical act in my display. About a dozen songs already and for this year I'm working on Sounds of Silence, Ghost Riders in the Sky and Forty Miles of Bad Road. The first two are a certainty; 40 Miles has me worried that it won't keep me interested long enough to get it finished. But that's okay - there's lots of other music waiting to take its place.

Ghost Riders in the Sky, WOW can't wait to see it sequenced please don;t make me wait till next year
and ya the weatherman said we had an 80 % chance for rain today and we never got any it was 62 when we went out for lunch and it did drop fast after that currently 28 but no snow good luck.

I originally felt like crap being sick with as of yet undiagnosed sickness.. but seeing you guys .. I'm pretty damned glad I did not get my Christmas display out... I can only imagine the mouse, rabbit.. other pests damage to the display.. god bless to all with something still outside. Rabbit tracks I've seen around my place.. you will need all the blessings you can get!!!

Dale J wrote:

Ghost Riders in the Sky, WOW can't wait to see it sequenced please don;t make me wait till next year

I've gotta give SparkyLights credit for inspiring me to finish Ghost Riders. I had it in progress last year, but along with a dozen other songs, I didn't get it done. After seeing his western tunes in 2010 it inspired me to get back to it. I'll video the sequence and send you a link when I'm through with it. (If you don't hear from me in the next two weeks or so, please send me a reminder. Thanks.)

Guest wbottomley

Jeff Millard wrote:

testraub wrote:
I WANNA BE A WEATHERMAN!  What other job pays you to be WRONG 80% of the time and still draw a paycheck?  :D

William... Care to weigh in on this one? :cool:
Jeff

Thanks for the invite Jeff.

The reason some people think were wrong 80% of the time is they only listened 20% of what we were saying.

We got lucky in our neck of the woods. A whole week of above freezing temps this past week and my display was all thawed out. Took everything down this past weekend. I actually think it's the earliest I've gotten the display down since we moved into this house over 5 years ago.

Getting cold again now, but everything is back in storage. So, let it snow if it wants to.

Dale J wrote:

ya forgot about our northern neighbors, its like cold there nine months out of the year isn't it? but on the other hand great fishing
and not to hi jack my on post but what about the northern lights some day I'll make it up there to see um

I personally have not seen the Northern lights all that much since the fall. What we have been seeing is deer walking along the edges of the country roads while we are driving along at a slow safe pace and stopping to let the deer make their way down a snow pass trail. There is simply to much snow in the farm fields for them to walk in.

Did you all know that it snowed here in Edmonton every month of a year except July. It has never snowed in July.

We have a spot here in Alberta (Near Hinton) where it hits 75F during the day in the summer but drops to 32F during the night. It is always cold at night but hot during the day in the summer. It is a nice place to camp if you like seeing mountain sheep up close and walking pass all the campers.

Winter here is to long and it gets depressing when it just keeps on snowing and/or just stays cold. Now it is very cold with sunshine this coming week.

George Simmons wrote:

Dale J wrote:

I've gotta give SparkyLights credit for inspiring me to finish Ghost Riders. I had it in progress last year, but along with a dozen other songs, I didn't get it done. After seeing his western tunes in 2010 it inspired me to get back to it. I'll video the sequence and send you a link when I'm through with it. (If you don't hear from me in the next two weeks or so, please send me a reminder. Thanks.)

Thanks George, i really wasn't thinking when i said i didn't want to wait till next year most of the time we have everything taken down by now so I would'nt see it till next year anyhow, in your case you have the option of seeing your new sequences before next year and the rate the snow is falling you might just have to leave everything up, anyhow sounds good ill have to check out Sparkylights videos, on a side note ever think about the Good The Bad and The ugly i run it through my mind with your display and it looks pretty assome, and i'll have to go through my records i can't remember the album but it has the cool T bucket on the cover several Ventures tunes on that one would be neat

sorry about the spelling brain freez

Dale J wrote:

"The Good The Bad and The Ugly"

I was actually thinking of that song for my display but right now I am booked with the songs I need done for my display.

If however time allows and I get my sequencing done early buy Sept. or Oct. I may consider sequencing it.

ya i thought somebody my have done it already but i can't remember who but i love the sound track, it would be great to sequence
and George as i was setting at work i was trying to remember the Ventures LP with the T-Bucket on the cover and i'm pretty sure it was outer limits great LP i think i bought it in the mid to late 60 when we were stationed in Hawaii. oh well thanks again for the great sequences

Dale J wrote:

... George as i was setting at work i was trying to remember the Ventures LP with the T-Bucket on the cover...

That one would be The Ventures In Space. I agree it was one of their best. That's where Penetration came from. Love Goddess of Venus was one of my favorites from that album also. Solar Race and War of the Satellites are both songs that I've started sequencing, but I'm not sure when I'll finish...