Light-O-Rama Forums

YBBS closes

Max-Paul

DonFL wrote:

JBullard wrote:
I also used the 10% discount code for the other boxes I ordered with the free shipping.

Not aware of any discount codes..I paid shipping on mine...bummer..

The discount codes and free shipping were only offered to members of particular decorating forums, that had made prior arrangements with ARRIS/YBBS and that while you were on the telephone placing your order, they would log onto the particular forum to verify that you were listed in the members list before accepting your order and granting the discounts (They always asked for my user name for the forum, and put me on hold, so I assumed they were verifying elgibility for the discounts and stuff, before confiming pricing.)

Friskybri,

Just some additional information you might want to be aware of when contacting ARRIS for buying in case quantities (subject to the $250 min order I believe)

The TA-200 and 200-BP are packed 45 per case

CG-1000 10/case

CG-1500 and CG-2000 are 6/case

JBullard wrote:

Another WHOLESALE only source for the same Keptal boxes (in case things don't work out with ARRIS is here

A member of another forum just posted that he had telephoned these people recently and was able to buy with no minimum qty and no proof of a business. He did not say what prices he paid, or whuch boxes he ordered though. YMMV

Might be another source for us hobbists obtaining the same boxes.

Unfortunately we will never see the same prices and discounts and free shipping that YBBS offered no matter what we do.

I was pretty sure I had seen it posted here back in November, becase I had read it, and I don't currently frequent other lighting forums....

Sure enough, here it is.. Not in its own thread though.. Second post on this page:

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum84/21876-2.html

That explains why after a half dozen searches yesterday, I couldn't find it...the search terms I didn't try were the website address, and the store name, all one word. Yea, it definitely got buried...

JBullard wrote:

Another WHOLESALE only source for the same Keptal boxes (in case things don't work out with ARRIS is here

Your local Graybar store also can obtain the Keptal boxes with a minimum order of 20 I believe. Information is on page 11 of this PDF

http://www.graybar.com/docs/Customer%20Premise%20Equipment.pdf

They are a no go at Graybar they are hole sale. They asked what company I work for. I am going to stop by and ask about being a start up business. I want to get prices to see if starting a small internet business is worth it. I mean if I am going to do this I need to know that I might make something for doing this. If I could find a place to get a one time purchase so I could be stocked then I would just buy a huge order and sell at cost to get rid of the rest. Toying with idea aether way.

Did call DFC and they do sell to individuals. The price on the CG-1500 is $10 He is getting the prices for the cg1000,cg2000 ta 200 and ta200bp. He is going to e-mail me back and give prices for all. He said the best way is to email him for orders. I will post all prices and his e-mail when I get that from him. He has been getting flooded with calls from all over the country.

Update on the Graybar, they are discontinuing these items. From what the guy told me its all of the Keptar products.

Arris- I called and talked to them. The lady said she has been getting many complaints from people on the YBBS division closing down. She wishes that they never closed out the site. I asked for a quote and a credit application. She will e-mail them to me so I can look at whether its a good idea to try selling these. I told her to please give me a great price because the end game could be large quantity's but didn't know for sure how many. I said to her all the people that have been complaining could stop and buy from me if I did open a store. I told her the cost of opening a business and website ect. Not for sure if this will happen but might be a start.

DFC has these and the prices are as follows.
CG1000- $9.00 Not the same one we used to get from YBBS only 4 holes
CG1500 - $10.00 looks the same
CG2000 - $12.00 looks the same
TA -200 $4.00
If you are going to order Duke told me to email him is the best way.

Duke McNaughton

dm@dfcco.com

http://www.dfcco.com

friskybri,

I would be interested in 5 of the CG-1500 if you are going to do this. So, please keep us updated. And I will be one of your first customers if this works out for you. If not, then I will contact DKC.

I have to admit, as much as I am on here. Last November I did not catch that YBBS was closing and was taken totally by surprise a few days ago when I heard about someone thinking of ordering from Arrirs and selling for 13 bucks apiece.