Light-O-Rama Forums

State Of The Union Address

jimswinder

Obama sure knows how to sugar coat more government spending and control. Paul Ryan's 15min speech was much better than Obama's 1hr spillage.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• Denis Chaput

• friskybri

• jajohnson

I read the transcript of the speech before he was through shaking hands. At least the partisan standing ovations/thunderous applause wasn't as much this year.

Kind of makes you wonder if the rank and file members of the party could read the applause lines from their leadership.

All in all, another dull speech read from a teleprompter.

I think I will get back to sequencing.

I got home from work and the wife had already rented a movie, RED i highly recommend it Bruce Willis is doing his usual mass destruction of things, also for all of us that are dyslectic it can sometimes be almost has hard to modify a pre existing sequence to your set up than making your own, but i still appreciate the free and the selling of sequences if so desired. Thanks again to all and have a great day

I got home from work and the wife had already rented a movie, RED i highly recommend it Bruce Willis is doing his usual mass destruction of things, also for all of us that are dyslectic it can sometimes be almost has hard to modify a pre existing sequence to your set up than making your own, but i still appreciate the free and the selling of sequences if so desired. Thanks again to all and have a great day

Dale J wrote:

Exactly my thoughts on the speech. : )

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Will you be listening, or using your valuable time to be sequencing?

Also...are Christmas Light Display people more apt to be Democrat or Republican...or Independent.

I have my opinion about that...take the poll and see if I am right...

OK I voted and messed up your poll, I beleive the Simpsons are tonight, I am with Jeff on this one I don't mix politics, religion, or any of that junk so I will sit on the sidelines and watch this thread, besides I had no idea Jeff wore penny loafers with beige socks nice going Jeff LOL :P:P

friskybri wrote:

Everyone that I know that says that is a democratic closet case. Or can't hold a good weight to their argument. :D

I assume you are referring to Don's comment above, referencing sitting on the sidelines, and I am in the same boat. I honestly love this forum because it IS focused on stuff other than religion/politics/etc...back when i was heavily involved in a satellite internet forum and part of trying to make that poor excuse for a broadband solution work, I watched it become more of an arena for constant debate of this type, and it ruined the spirit of the forum.

So put me in that camp of sitting on the sidelines, and if you need to, call me any kind of closet case you want to.

I'll refrain from any further comments as I sit and watch the "debate"....

DonFL wrote:

I don't why this thread would turn into a "debate"...

Knowing the "nature" of our "hobby", I figured the majority of us would be in the camp of a certain political affiliation....hence the poll.

Guest Don Gillespie

friskybri wrote:

Everyone that I know that says that is a democratic closet case. Or can't hold a good weight to their argument. :D

OR would it be that I live in Canada and really don't care to argue LOL.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

I don't why this thread would turn into a "debate"...

Knowing the "nature" of our "hobby", I figured the majority of us would be in the camp of a certain political affiliation....hence the poll.

Where did you get your avatar from that is great :):D

Don Gillespie wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

OK I voted and messed up your poll, I beleive the Simpsons are tonight, I am with Jeff on this one I don't mix politics, religion, or any of that junk so I will sit on the sidelines and watch this thread, besides I had no idea Jeff wore penny loafers with beige socks nice going Jeff LOL :):P

I certainly hope you vote when we need to pick a leader to run this country again. Otherwise we might be back to the Lib's again.

Besides the USA could use that money from those fighter jets we are buying.

"I don't mix politics, religion, or any of that junk" .......you better not use religious Christmas songs in your display then.

Ok ok let’s just all gather around and symbolically plug in all our lights together as a sign of unity, and sing a Christmas song together. Won’t that make us all feel better now? Who cares what sides we are all on....this is a lighting thing. personaly, I dont mind when people talk about it. I pick and choose what i listen to thats all. no bother here at all.

kzaas wrote:

I thought these forums were for decorating related threads, Theres plenty of other forums out there for this politcal crap!

Facebook-like-button.jpg

Well, technically, this particular part of the forums is (and I quote) "Not necessarily LOR...", so it doesn't have to be about lights. It seems to me that you may not agree, but I think sometimes discussion about things that are going on around us can benefit everyone in some way or another.

Fabian

Fabian wrote:

Well, technically, this particular part of the forums is (and I quote) "Not necessarily LOR...", so it doesn't have to be about lights. It seems to me that you may not agree, but I think sometimes discussion about things that are going on around us can benefit everyone in some way or another.

Fabian

This topic was posted in the Coffee Shop and if you read the guidelines of the Coffee shop, they read as follows:

The Coffee Shop is is place to have generic talks about decorating. We want to try and keep the our focus on decorating, things you have seen or heard of and would like to share.

Just a few notes about using the Light-O-Rama Forums:

1. Any sales questions or order status inquiries for products should be emailed to info@lightorama.com. You can also call 518-539-9000 during normal business hours.

2. This forum is monitored by Light-O-Rama personnel.

3. You always have the option of contacting LOR support by email: support@lightorama.com.

4. Don't forget the http://www.lightorama.com website. It's a wealth of knowledge.

5. Take a hint from the experts: crawl, walk, run. Don't wait until the last minute to start work on your Light-O-Rama project.

6. The Light-O-Rama forum is a family friendly environment.

I didn't join this forum to discuss politics and I am not going to argue with you, I already said what I wanted to say. The only reason I am writing again is to ask you a question about your signature. What is a "Radial Grid"?

Ken

Ron Amedee wrote:

KEN

Go to Fabian's website and watch his video's, The Grid layed out on the ground is the Radial Grid.

Thanks Ron

Ken