Light-O-Rama Forums

Any song limit for Audacity??

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
I started doing an experiment. I have 20 songs imported into Audacity. The song length is just over 45 min 14 sec.

I have not done any cutting on any of the audio I have imported. I will keep importing files and see if I can get it to lock up.

My laptop is showing 490 MB free of physical memory I have a total of 3839.

Imported 5 more songs (one was a 12 min long). Now my free memory is 27.

Song length is up to one hour and 4 min now.

Looks to me like it may have more to do with how many audio files you have imported than then total length of them.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:
I started doing an experiment. I have 20 songs imported into Audacity. The song length is just over 45 min 14 sec.

I have not done any cutting on any of the audio I have imported. I will keep importing files and see if I can get it to lock up.

Looks to me like it may have more to do with how many audio files you have imported than then total length of them.

I did get it to slow down moving/aligning stuff but I had over 35 files open and the length was 2 hours 32 min long.

Playback was fine. I don't know what the problem your having is. Oh my free ram was 0 and still imported 3 more audio files.

I also tried exporting the audio file as a mp3 when it was one hour and four min long. It worked fine. Took 38 min to export, but it worked fine.

Guest Don Gillespie

Paul Roberson wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:
Paul Roberson wrote:

I did get it to slow down moving/aligning stuff but I had over 35 files open and the length was 2 hours 32 min long.

Playback was fine. I don't know what the problem your having is. Oh my free ram was 0 and still imported 3 more audio files.

I also tried exporting the audio file as a mp3 when it was one hour and four min long. It worked fine. Took 38 min to export, but it worked fine.

I redownlaoded Audacity I will start to play with it tonight and let you know thanks