Light-O-Rama Forums

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN MITS LEDs

Ryan Gardner

Ryan Gardner wrote:

... Even Disney can only make 98% of it's customers happy...
We're not talking about Disney, we're talking about MITS. Or more specifically, Ryan Gardner. And from what I'm seeing, both in this forum and also in my inbox, it will be a while before you have to worry about that 98% mark. But since you brought it up I've never heard of Disney not honoring an advertised price or sale.
... but I think even if were were giving stuff away free someone would still be unhappy.
No one is asking for anything for free. We're just asking for what you advertised and promised. (And the only thing I've ever complained about free stuff was that there wasn't more of it.)
... and happy that there are a lof of people out there who we can and have helped.
Ah yes, I wondered if we'd see the "benevolent card" being played... at one time I had hope that you'd be above that sort of thing. But since you're not, let's speak of benevolence. Through whose benevolence do you think y'all filled that container? (Hint: look at your pile of orders.) I hope you're smarter than to try to convince a forum of grown, experienced men and women that you're not making a handsome profit in all this... even at your sale prices. So what you're saying is that you did better than expected and instead of trying to shoot the moon and fill that second container with as many good deals as you can for your customers, and then making some of it back on the many referrals you'd get, you think it's a better idea to instead make a bunch of present day and future customers angry, disgusted and distrustful? I'd say you better get used to the idea of opening a container and seeing it mostly empty.

Having a small business I know what it is like to run a sale and have it go too well and run out of the sale item. Usually, but not always, I can offer a raincheck and get the more of the item at a higher cost to me. But I do not have to order a container load to do so. It is frustrating that Ryan was too successful and should have warned everyone earlier that the prices would be good for the one container only. Especially when it looked like the container would fill without his stock. A one day notice is not ideal.

With the price increase the lights seem less expensive than others. Even at a dollar per string difference, that could amount to $100-$200 in my case. My only issue will be quality of lights and service. CDI has been good as has most of the vendors I use. But I will probably order from MITS due to the price difference and take the risk. I need a vendor that I can order less than a case of lights at a time from, especially when I get an idea for my display at non pre-sale times. If things turn out badly everyone can say I told you so. But I will not worry, as in the case with LED Holiday Lighting, I will consider the loss a charitable gift to someone in need. It would hurt since I save money for a year to be able to order the lights but I can make other changes if needed.

BTW, Disney has not honored their price with me on at least two occasions. In both cases they closed the park due to over-crowding and refused to sell me any tickets. Things happen and hopefully Ryan will learn from the experience and realize how many people are in this hobby and order his supply accordingly.

This is my opinion only and not meant to attack or try to influence anyone into using MITS or any other vendor.

I've been sitting back, too exhausted to even think about 2011 display, but knowing when I sorted out what I was going to do, I know I would need lots of lights, and after a little taste of LEDs last year, all purchases would likely be LEDs. And I had MITS in my sights, because as much as I love CDI, I just didn't see needing enough of anything to warrant buying the big quantities CDI requires. (for the record, CDI is my one and only SPT and plug supplier..:D).

But I agree with George...changing prices in mid-sale, due to bad luck or good luck, is BS...either you advertise limited quantities or stick to advertise prices, especially when you are just getting started, and your credibility hinges on who things go over the next several months, especially with the quality of lights. Good sales success is a high class problem to have...letting it drive a business decision to suddenly raise prices mid-sale is wrong morally and ethically. Can't recall another vendor ever doing it, even the ones with questionable, at best, reputations.

Lastly, the "I'm just one of your old buddies" shtick is wearing thin..the only posts I have seen are to sell lights. Trying to hide behind anything else is wearing thin also. Give it a break.

I feel for you guys who got duped..I really do.

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

I've been sitting back, too exhausted to even think about 2011 display, but knowing when I sorted out what I was going to do, I know I would need lots of lights, and after a little taste of LEDs last year, all purchases would likely be LEDs. And I had MITS in my sights, because as much as I love CDI, I just didn't see needing enough of anything to warrant buying the big quantities CDI requires. (for the record, CDI is my one and only SPT and plug supplier..:D).

But I agree with George...changing prices in mid-sale, due to bad luck or good luck, is BS...either you advertise limited quantities or stick to advertise prices, especially when you are just getting started, and your credibility hinges on who things go over the next several months, especially with the quality of lights. Good sales success is a high class problem to have...letting it drive a business decision to suddenly raise prices mid-sale is wrong morally and ethically. Can't recall another vendor ever doing it, even the ones with questionable, at best, reputations.

Lastly, the "I'm just one of your old buddies" shtick is wearing thin..the only posts I have seen are to sell lights. Trying to hide behind anything else is wearing thin also. Give it a break.

I feel for you guys who got duped..I really do.

I couldn't agree more with the previous 3 posts I too am a buiness owner and really appreciate repeat buisness because that is what makes my buisness succesfull and after 30 years in buisness I must be doing something right I wish you luck Ryan in your future endeavors I did think about purchasing from you but alas have changed my mind and will stay with CDI Paul seems to print everything out in black and white there are no gray areas, good luck

cry me a river. I am so sick of people whining when they don't get what they want. ever heard "the early bird gets the worm" You didn't get your lights at the price you wanted so you are taking all your money to a higher price guy just to "show" Ryan. Good for you hope you enjoy even fewer lights! I will have my MIS lights and be smiling, (and in case your wondering I got then at the cheap price because I can read and understood that the container was filling up) Ryan thanks for doing this and keep up the good work

drmxas wrote:

cry me a river. I am so sick of people whining when they don't get what they want. ever heard "the early bird gets the worm" You didn't get your lights at the price you wanted so you are taking all your money to a higher price guy just to "show" Ryan. Good for you hope you enjoy even fewer lights! I will have my MIS lights and be smiling, (and in case your wondering I got then at the cheap price because I can read and understood that the container was filling up) Ryan thanks for doing this and keep up the good work

Wow, your very first post and this is what you chose huh?

Welcome aboard, or are you just trolling?

Hey guys - let me keep him busy 'til Jeff gets here...

drmxas wrote:

Wow - looks like you really went out of your way to make some new friends and impress people... Your poor capitalization skills and improper use of the word "your" (us non-educated folk use "you're" when we contract "you are") definitely pegs you as college-educated. Pediatrician, eh? Kind of scary thinking that people trust their children with you... I hope they're (or is that their) smart enough not to turn their backs or leave their kids alone in a room with you...

Welcome aboard troll - hope your stay with us is short and sweet. Enjoy!