Light-O-Rama Forums

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN MITS LEDs

Ryan Gardner

Ok sorry if this is overkill, but I dont want it to get lost down in the other thread. I am posting this on all the light forums.

Well folk we are one, yes ONE, as in 1 week away from the first ever MITS PRE SALE being over! I have to say it has been an intresting journey into the world of online retail and want to first thank everyone who helped, poked, and in general gave great advice! That being said I am sure some of you are still hard at work calculating this, that, and the other to see if you should get on board with MITS LEDs. WELL... Just to give you maybe a little EXTRA reasons, besides our great prices and the fact that our lights come Santa approved, we are going to extend a special offer to all those who have ordered in this presale! Now I can't say what just yet, but lets just say that those who order won't have to bother with our retail page that launches in FEB! So get those orders in http://www.magicinth...lighting/pc.htm

Now if you have been under a dried out christmas tree the past few weeks we now offer a full range of lights M5, C6, 5mm, and Icicle lights with all those len styles as well. We are still looking to expand. One of the things I have gotten a request for is regular strands on white wire. The factory said this can be done, but they need a decent size order to make them. So I am going to ask again if you would like to order regular stringers on white wire please PM me your order. I have asked before and gotten a few request, if you did the first time please do it again so I can ensure the data is fresh. For those who are inrested if we dont generate enough hits this time around not all is lost yet. We are currently in talks with some large corporate type accounts that may end up with these. If they do we will then offer you a pre-sale type price via email and see if you want to tag along on their order.

Also we are still looking to expand our product line even more. I am sitting on a few samples of items right now and testing. As I have said before these will not be a part of the presale as we can't get enough testing under our belts even if they do turn our good. I want to ensure that what we sell will live up to the hype. To give you an idea we are currently looking at C7, C9, RBG ROPE, LED ROPE, LED FIBER OPTICS, LED TUBE LIGHTS, LED PAR CANS, and EVERYDAY HOUSE HOLD LED RETRO FITS! If all test well and we feel the price is right we will offer these product for purchase.

Again I can not thank everyone enough who has helped us through this process. I know that there were and still are concerns about us being the "new guys" and I have heard stories of a "new guy" from a year or two ago that left sour grapes in the mouths of many. I hope we can live up to y'alls wildest dreams for what a vendor should be. If not please let us know. After all we can't fix what we don't know. And as always we welcome reviews good, bad, ugly, indifferent, or even funny. We strive to laugh a little in life and I hope you can enjoy some of the humor we throw your way!

Oh and just an update on my dad. He is doing good and should come home on Tuesday. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers there.

Ryan

/and for fun check out the view from the top of the 60ft tree I get to put up every year/

Attached files 235294=12834-228.jpg

UPDATE: We are quickly running out of space on the contianer! We need to leave room for the 5% bonus for people and for additional stock items. While the sale is slated to end on Jan 31st we may have to close early if we fill up the rest of the contianer before then. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we are getting close so they don't miss out. If you mailed in you order not to worry we are taking that into account as well. We don't want anyone to miss out, but if we fill up we fill up. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Gardner wrote:

UPDATE: We are quickly running out of space on the contianer! We need to leave room for the 5% bonus for people and for additional stock items. While the sale is slated to end on Jan 31st we may have to close early if we fill up the rest of the contianer before then. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that we are getting close so they don't miss out. If you mailed in you order not to worry we are taking that into account as well. We don't want anyone to miss out, but if we fill up we fill up. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Ryan

Can't get a second container??

Hey all,

Sorry I did not get here before we changed the prices on the site, but I was not home all day and we ended up filling the container while I was out.

The reason for the price increase is the following. We got these prices in November and once we were confident we could fill a container we quoted one full container from the factory to lock in those prices for the pre-sale. Well, as I warned yesterday we fill that container and then some. We have decided that we will continue offering the lowest price we can for the duration of the pre-sale, but these orders will have to be under the new price quote.

We understand that this of course is not what anyone wants to see a price increase, but like any good sale once the item runs out you can't sell it. I will say we were surprised to the response. We expected to get a container with us taking on a large number of items to carry in stock. However, the pre-sale alone filled our quota. We also understand that this may prevent some from ordering lights as it puts it outside their budget. We are truly sorry for this, but we did keep the new prices lower than most vendors and will for the duration of the pre-sale time in order to hopefully help out as much as possible.

For those who ordered already please keep in mind that this does not effect you or your price you paid in any way including the people who paid only 60%. All y'alls lights are a part of the original container. Thank y'all for making this happen for us. It is like a catch 22 we are glad we filled the container, but wish we could have gotten everyone on the first container.

Thanks y'all,
Ryan

How do we know if our lights are on that container?

I got an email saying I would get an email regarding making my 100% payment...but have not received it.

What a bummer reading this thread! I gotta say I'm happy for Ryan's success...but was planning a small order and had to wait until I knew what my tax return was looking like. Now that have it in hand and am ready to outline a purchase I see the prices are higher... :)

I guess this newbie will have to figure something else out. I'm trying to outfit some mini trees as my first LOR features.

Yeah, perhaps...I'm trying to understand the economics of the CDI sale.

For instance, 5mm blue LED strings, 100 ct in case of 12 is $246.00. Using my poor math skills that makes for $20.50 for a 100ct string. I understand the equipment is full wave and sealed...but seems like a premium price. Am I off base?

just so you know we are still selling lights. Just not at the original prices. Our new prices are still better than most pre sales out there right now even with the price increase.
Ryan

OregonLights wrote:

What a bummer reading this thread! I gotta say I'm happy for Ryan's success...but was planning a small order and had to wait until I knew what my tax return was looking like. Now that have it in hand and am ready to outline a purchase I see the prices are higher... :D

I definitely feel your pain Alex. I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I, too, was waiting on finances before ordering. Where I come from when you advertise a sale, UNLESS IT SAYS RIGHT UP FRONT "LIMITED QUANTITIES" your sale prices are good throughout the duration of the sale. Not only is it good business to be honest with your customers, but in Minnesota our consumer protection laws demand it. I think it comes under the heading of bait and switch.

In my case, it bites doubly hard because up until now I've been a vocal supporter of MITS. I've had no fewer than a dozen people contact me privately asking my opinion and I've encouraged them to give Ryan a try. Turns out that advice helped screw myself. Never again.

But I DO have a question or two for Ryan if he cares to answer. If people now have to pay higher "sale" prices than the originally advertised lower "sale" prices, where and when are those higher priced lights coming from? Certainly not the same container since it is already full... A second container? That doesn't wash, because wouldn't you want to fill that one also? Maybe those higher priced sale lights are coming from a different source perhaps? (See: bait and switch) When are those customers going to be getting their product? I guess the longer I think about this the madder I get. Maybe Paul was right from the very beginning...

George Simmons wrote:

OregonLights wrote:
What a bummer reading this thread! I gotta say I'm happy for Ryan's success...but was planning a small order and had to wait until I knew what my tax return was looking like. Now that have it in hand and am ready to outline a purchase I see the prices are higher... :D

I definitely feel your pain Alex. I'm kind of in the same boat as you are. I, too, was waiting on finances before ordering. Where I come from when you advertise a sale, UNLESS IT SAYS RIGHT UP FRONT "LIMITED QUANTITIES" your sale prices are good throughout the duration of the sale. Not only is it good business to be honest with your customers, but in Minnesota our consumer protection laws demand it. I think it comes under the heading of bait and switch.

In my case, it bites doubly hard because up until now I've been a vocal supporter of MITS. I've had no fewer than a dozen people contact me privately asking my opinion and I've encouraged them to give Ryan a try. Turns out that advice helped screw myself. Never again.

But I DO have a question or two for Ryan if he cares to answer. If people now have to pay higher "sale" prices than the originally advertised lower "sale" prices, where and when are those higher priced lights coming from? Certainly not the same container since it is already full... A second container? That doesn't wash, because wouldn't you want to fill that one also? Maybe those higher priced sale lights are coming from a different source perhaps? (See: bait and switch) When are those customers going to be getting their product? I guess the longer I think about this the madder I get. Maybe Paul was right from the very beginning...
I too was waiting for further planning and agree with you George:(

Sorry if you felt we bait and switched you. What happen was simple. We expected to do well but not this well. We got 1 container. Well will filled it. If you noticed I tired to give fair warning that the sale may end early due to this. Infact, we went over the space with people at the old price but since when they hit that button that says order the old prices were on there, we are giving them that price. Why the new price? Same factory. Just under a new price quote from them. Therefore we have to offer new prices WHICH might I add are still lower than most other pre sales out there. I would love to fill a new container that is why we offered the lowest price we could for the new price, but I also know that odds are we won't fill a second container or come close and we will have to pay a LCL penelty on that as well. This container, that is mostly empty, will have our stock items and the rest of the orders and will ship with the first one. We are not going to wait to fill it that way everyone can get their lights at the same time. We considered ending the sale early and not even bothering with a new container for now, but since we needed stock items and we knew that there were going to be people who still wanted lights we worked to get the lowest price we could offer for this one and let people who at their own free will order light still at a lower price than most other current sales.

One final note on this subject before we return to our regular programming. I thank all the people who have and still do support us. We have had bumps in the road, but most people have been very supportive and understanding that there is a learning curve in this process. If I would have had any idea that we may actually fill a container I would have been more than willing to say limited space but we at most only expected to fill 70% with pre sale and have to fill the remaining with items to carry in stock. For me at least it has been a fun ride! AND I am stiil proud to say even with an increase we offer the best price around.

Thanks y'all,
Ryan

The price increase was the final straw and I placed my order with CDI.

Total was only a few dollars more now for a sure thing.

Now waiting for the LOR sale (o) (o)

Pual, I at least thank you for your time and consideration. Wish we could have been it for you, but understand your need to go with someone you feel 100% comfortable with. I too am looking forward to the LOR sale. That gaint tree that I posted the pic of above has about 906 branches. I would LOVE to have each one on it's own channel. Even better would be each color, but that is a wish for another year!

Ryan

Ryan Gardner wrote:

Sorry if you felt we bait and switched you.

I'm sorry too... sorry that I trusted you. Bait and switch is exactly what you did. Whether that was your intent or not that's the way it went down. The honorable thing to do is to honor the prices you advertised, even if it means you take it in the shorts. That's the way the world works sometimes. When you screw up you either man up and live with it or you wiggle and slither like a politician. Honesty is like pregnancy - either you are or you aren't.

Well, we can't win them all over. I understand the need of anyone to go else where and I am fine with that. We tried to do a good deed by offering the rock bottom price we could and we are still offering the lowest price we can. Even Disney can only make 98% of it's customers happy. Just like them we will strive to make everyone happy, but I think even if were were giving stuff away free someone would still be unhappy.
I am happy still to be doing this and happy that there are a lof of people out there who we can and have helped.

happy lighting yall!
Ryan

I'm with you George. A new vendor comes along with pricing $3+ a string cheaper and we don't have to buy cases. I've been lining up all of the people that wanted to buy on with me last year but had problems with case quantity over the past few weeks. Then earlier in the week I go back to print off the list and see prices are now withnin a dollar of CDI all of a sudden. So back to everyone I went and with a few strings here and a few there it just wasn't worth their while. I mean if a guy wanted 6 strings of C6's it was about $14 for a hundred, now about $16. Pauls are about $17.

I WAS deciding how much to order for my personal use but now that the price is more 'In Line" with CDI's I'll cut back to what my original order for Paul was going to be and go there since the wire, plugs and strobes are coming from him. I'll save money in freight with it being KC verses Texas and no Goggle tax. Just have him use the card number he has on file.

Not ruling out something down the road but for this year it won't be. $1000 worth of lights to CDI was upped to $1500 which would have been huge, although compared to last year pretty tight budget wise...

Lenny

Ryan Gardner wrote:

but I think even if were were giving stuff away free someone would still be unhappy.

happy lighting yall!
Ryan

That is 100% the truth. In my business, the customers who bust your balls for the lowest price are always the ones who complain the loudest about everything before, during, and after the sale.

This may have been a simple case of communication.

I don't anyone knew there was a limited stock, had we been told that container would have filled up much faster.

I am sure Ryan has learned a valuable lesson if he chooses to do this next year.

I sure hope there are no more "surprises".