Light-O-Rama Forums

What dumb things have you done while setting up lights?

BrownOut

shfr26 wrote:

Who is the Yellow one?????

Prickle...

From the creator of Gumby:

txtpandg.GIF
We had to ask Art how he invented his characters Prickle & Goo, another memorable pair of friends within the Gumby group of characters.

"I was a friend of a psychologist in Hollywood. He invited me to go with him up to San Jose to a convention of psychologists. I was interested in psychology at the time. We were in the lecture hall at San Jose State, and one psychologist would get up and make a speech. It was pretty boring for me. But the MC happened to be Allen Watts, the Zen Philosopher of Sausalito. He would crack us up and tell funny stories and get our blood circulating again. And they would put on another psychologist to bore us again.

"At one of these little humorous intermissions, he said there were two kinds of people in the world, the prickly and the gooey. The prickly are rigid and uptight, analytical, and critical. The gooey are easygoing, flowing in the here and now, friendly and jolly.

"I said I have got to make two characters to symbolize those two types of people. Then people all over the world will be able to identify with them. So we created the little, yellow dinosaur with his spines, and named him Prickle. Goo is a very gooey blue mermaid."

I think I got the cake on dumb things you have done while setting up. Jeff Millard knows, he was helping me through it. Hay Jeff does mine rank up there witht the dumb things. Dont know if I want to say what it is. LOL.

friskybri wrote:

Dont know if I want to say what it is. LOL.

Oh sure...just leave us hanging in suspense!!

Come on..spill the beans!!

Something not related to decorating.My G/F told me when she was young her older brother told her younger brother to pee on an electric fence.Well he did and she said he never did that ever again :P

Guest Don Gillespie

friskybri wrote:

I think I got the cake on dumb things you have done while setting up. Jeff Millard knows, he was helping me through it. Hay Jeff does mine rank up there witht the dumb things. Dont know if I want to say what it is. LOL.

You know there is a prize for the dumbest thing so go ahead tell us what you did if Jeff helped you its probably his fault LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Biggest mistake is either I hang a set of lights that don't work, or start hanging from the wrong end, only to find out when I go to connect the next set, or plug them in to power...

Nice revival of a 2 year old thread, but what the hell, here's mine. Where are you told not to stand on an A frame ladder, that's right kiddies, the top step, guess who didn't get that memo? Yep thats right, the guy who tore his Patella tendon completely off his knee and spent 3 1/2 months rehabbing after he fell off that damn ladder. The not so funny part was when I looked up at said ladder through pain filled eyes and it was still standing upright. Needless to say, the misses didn't allow me on the ladder for a couple of years.

• The topic was locked