Light-O-Rama Forums

Question on the new visualizer

scubado

Any update on when the new visualizer will be out? I'm wondering if I start setting up my software for next year, will it import into the new one? Or should I wait till the new one comes out?

I have decided to wait. The new one will be 'layered' so you can pick up your drawn arch or any object and move it around.

It would have to accept old drawings. But (again guessing) the old one would all be in one layer so you could not move parts of it.

• 3 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

No firm date. I am going to speak with the programmers next week and we will announce a beta release date.

Dan

Hey Dan, any update yet??? Thank you sir.

• 4 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

No firm date. I am going to speak with the programmers next week and we will announce a beta release date.

Dan

Six weeks since the last update Dan.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a feeling it will be several months. If they are going to put the Superstar light software as part of it, they will have to hash all that out.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing that it will not be ready for this year's sequencing, would have been nice to have ,oh well, will use the current one.

shfr26 wrote:

I'm guessing that it will not be ready for this year's sequencing, would have been nice to have ,oh well, will use the current one.

While past performance is no guarantee of future results, it's worth noting that LOR2 didn't come out until November (of 2007).

Nothing is stopping you, me or anyone else from working on their 2011 display using the current Light-O-Rama software. Everything created in LOR1 was converted to LOR2 format by the program with no human interaction required. (Well, you had to push buttons on the keyboard, but I digress.) I'd be surprised (and somewhat stunned) if your LOR2 files weren't converted to LOR3.

To everyone: Don't let the lack of a new version of software keep you from programming. People did back in '07, and as such they didn't get started until November. Start programming now ... and when the new version comes out, consider upgrading to it.

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

While past performance is no guarantee of future results, it's worth noting that LOR2 didn't come out until November (of 2007).

Nothing is stopping you, me or anyone else from working on their 2011 display using the current Light-O-Rama software. Everything created in LOR1 was converted to LOR2 format by the program with no human interaction required. (Well, you had to push buttons on the keyboard, but I digress.) I'd be surprised (and somewhat stunned) if your LOR2 files weren't converted to LOR3.

To everyone: Don't let the lack of a new version of software keep you from programming. People did back in '07, and as such they didn't get started until November. Start programming now ... and when the new version comes out, consider upgrading to it.

Agreed, If I were to wait and wait, there would be no show. I have 2 sequences completed and have many more to update and create new. Even if LOR3 comes out before the beginning of the season, nothing wrong with upgrading after the season.

Don wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

I agree 100%, It's just that I'm redoing my display setup to a large degree and was hoping the new visualizer would have made it easier to draw, oh well. I have been sequencing, but slowly. I'm sure it will be out when they get it done to Dan satisfaction.

I am hoping something comes soon for the superstar sequence editor. I use the demo but I can't download it to a sequence.

• 5 weeks later...

LightORamaDan wrote:

Dan

bump... any update yet?:P

I am doing 336 channels this year, trying to set up visualizer. It is such a pain in the butt. Is there an undo button. I did a lot on the visualizer tonight and the last things I did, I did not like, I then realized there is no undo, or go back button....

Holy Christ!!!
5 CCR'S and 80 channels drove me nuts ~!!!!
All you can do is erase:(:D
It is hard but once you do it once..Export it..Then you can use it for all sequences.
Good Luck..Keep the faith !!!

Take a deep breath...Back away for awhile..All the little dots will drive you nuts !!!! Rome wasn't built in a day !!! The final visulizer will never look as good as the real thing..So make the visualizer decent and the the display will rock!!!

to the 336 channels I was going to add 12 CCR's, but the software is just too slow coming out and I threw the towel in. So just the 336 for this year.