Light-O-Rama Forums

Questions on the Cosmic Color Ribbon

Joe D

Good afternoon

the S2 software programs the ccr.

Download the manual and read, re-read, and re-read it again

to get a handle on what is rquired to program it.

I got my first one this year 2 weeks before lights on.

Programmed it without using any of the cool canned programs

that are available/included with the ccr units.

http://www.lightorama.com/Documentation.html

Two seperate manuals available. 2009 version and 2010 version

Frank A.:)

Sorry to keep bothering you Don, I cannot find the software that LOR has for the CCR's? Where is it, or is it part of the S2 software? Where could I find the Software by LOR? Also, what are the differences between the 2? Is SuperStar a reputable Software? Just looking to make the right purchase the first time... Does the Superstar Software provide more options or what is the differences. I much appreciate your honestly in making this decision..

Thanks again
Joe

All that you need to program CCR's is contained in the LOR S2 software. Just download the trial version and you can see for yourself.

http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

I have 2 CCRs that I used this year and did not have any difficulties programming them. I can't speak to the Super Star Lights software but to my understanding it simplifies the task of doing complex animations with the CCR. If you have just one or two CCR's you won't really be doing pixel animations anyway. You would just be doing different chases and color changes and patterns and what not. The Super Star software could make this easier but I would give the free LOR software demo a try first. After you get a handle on that you could try the demo of SuperStar Lights.

You are going to need the S2 software anywhere to interface with the controllers and set up shows and all that. Super Star Lights does not do this, it exports a LOR sequence file which you can then use in the S2 software.

• The topic was locked