Light-O-Rama Forums

Channels Staying On After Song Is Over

mash71

All of a sudden one of my channels started staying on in between songs. Then 2 different channels would stay on every now and then. The next day I checked the cat5, no problems, only about 60' of cable. Checked the firmware version on both boxes (pc version green board) and both have the latest version. Rebooted the pc, turned the power off then on to the controllers, same 2 channels stay on between songs, SOMETIMES and stay on till a command is sent to them to do something in the next song.

The whole show runs perfect except for the channels staying on every now and then and everything is still running good.

So the question is, what is going on with this?

Fritz

Kenner, La

Guest wbottomley

mash71 wrote:

All of a sudden one of my channels started staying on in between songs. Then 2 different channels would stay on every now and then. The next day I checked the cat5, no problems, only about 60' of cable. Checked the firmware version on both boxes (pc version green board) and both have the latest version. Rebooted the pc, turned the power off then on to the controllers, same 2 channels stay on between songs, SOMETIMES and stay on till a command is sent to them to do something in the next song.

The whole show runs perfect except for the channels staying on every now and then and everything is still running good.

So the question is, what is going on with this?

Fritz

Kenner, La

I see you disconnected the power from the controllers but did you reset them?

To reset the 1600 series:

Remove power

Turn the dials to 00

Reapply power for approx 10 secs

Remove power

Reset the dials to the correct ID number

Reapply power

Occasionally signals get missed. The LOR protocol is sent on as "as needed" basis. If something glitches, the channel stays on until it is told to do something.

One way to make sure they turn off, is to turn off all channels at the end of the sequence. On the Pull down Menu - Play>Turn off Lights at end