Light-O-Rama Forums

DIO 32 Firmware 3.0

Steve Constantino

Well.... Here's the story. I bought 2 DIO32 boards back in 09 (Firmware 2.0) I am using them to control my old Triac boards that I made back in the day. I have over 300 channels to convert. It's not the most cost effective way to do things but I hate to see all my old parts and controllers go to waist.

Anyways, I was so happy with how well the DIO32 boards worked. The PWM Dimming and zero cross detector worked grate. I was able turned my old on/off triac boards into dimming channels. Too Cool!!! I decided to buy 2 more DIO32 board at the summer sale. (firmware 3.0) Well I just got around to opening them and hooking them up. At first when I was testing them they seemed to work fine dimming all 32ch at the same time but when I would try to control a signal channel in HWU more than one channel would light. Example: push up ch32 and 32,17,18,19 would come up. It was completely random. It didn't mater if I was in "legacy Mode"or not. For the most part it was only on ports C and D.

The first thing I did was take the older DIO32 boards and hook them up to see if the problem was in my triac boards. When I did that they seemed to work fine. So I thought maybe the newDIO32 boards were bad.

While I had the older DIO32 boards hooked up I decided to up date the firmware to 3.0. After doing this I ran a test and they didn't work ether. Now I have 4 DIO32 boards that don't work right. After causing for 10 minutes or so I decided to reload firmware 2.0 onto my older 2 and the newer 2 DIO32 board. Now they all 4 work grate.

So I don't know what the deal is with 3.0 but 2.0 seems to have no problems. I just wanted to give people a heads up if they were having any problems too. Maybe Dan and the guys have an answer.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Up date..

So on my old laptop I have LOR V 2.7.4 on it. It was never up dated because I don't use it. 2.7.4 is the first up date that has DIO 32 firmware 3.0. So I hooked up one of my DIO32 to it and up dated it from 2.0 to 3.0. Guess what!!!! It works. Hmmmm. So then I reloaded 2.0 back and tried 3.0 again from my show pc with V 2.9.4. It didn't work, I had the same problem as before.

So at some point between 2.7.4 and 2.9.4 the DIO 32 firmware has gotten corrupt. I have even down loaded V 2.9.4 again to see if the firmware files go corrupted during the down load but ended up with the same problem. Dan????

Steve

Up date..

So on my old laptop I have LOR V 2.7.4 on it. It was never up dated because I don't use it. 2.7.4 is the first up date that has DIO 32 firmware 3.0. So I hooked up one of my DIO32 to it and up dated it from 2.0 to 3.0. Guess what!!!! It works. Hmmmm. So then I reloaded 2.0 back and tried 3.0 again from my show pc with V 2.9.4. It didn't work, I had the same problem as before.

So at some point between 2.7.4 and 2.9.4 the DIO 32 firmware has gotten corrupt. I have even down loaded V 2.9.4 again to see if the firmware files go corrupted during the down load but ended up with the same problem. Dan????

Steve

Just to be clear... The version I think that we are talking about versions 1.20 and 1.30 ... There is a version 1.32 now online on the support page. Use that version.

Dan

Thanks Dan.

Sorry I meant 1.2 and 1.3. I will try the new version when I get home. Did you find the bug? I guess you found the problem to come out with a new version.

Steve

Steve Constantino wrote:

Thanks Dan.

Sorry I meant 1.2 and 1.3. I will try the new version when I get home. Did you find the bug? I guess you found the problem to come out with a new version.

Steve

Somehow the 1.30 file just was not the correct file. It did not match the file that we had tested and (though we released)... Not exactly sure how it happened but as a result we will be implementing new procedures for firmware releases.

The code was re labeled to version 1.32 to eliminate confusion. There was already a version 1.31 in development so that will be moved up to 1.33. Because we already had some 1.31 files laying around we skipped to 1.32 to reduce any risk of a mistake.

Dan