Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16PC controller problem

doubleeaz

ARRRGGGHH...even worse..."TLHOK"...(trouble left here ok)...

Seriously, glad to hear it is working now...makes sense, my humble opinion only, to run the controllers off that ELL for awhile, including the problematic one, and see if you can duplicate it again.

Unless it was something that cleared with that power down, meaning moisture, etc...its bound to reoccur.

Thanks for updating..

Yes, thanks for the feedback Doubleez. But I agree with Don, you might be seeing this again in the future.

This summer, I highly suggest that you might want to do this. I do it to all of my controllers.

I mask off all of the socketed chips with painters tape. I also mask off all of the quick connects (male stake ons) and the fuse and fuse holders. Also the comm jacks. Then I take a clear spray paint and spray paint the boards. This will help prevent shorts from condensate and/or slugs. Now note I did not say it WILL prevent, but will help prevent shorts. There is a lot of stuff that might not get any paint if you are not diligent and keep the tape from covering more than intended and you must spray from several angles. Yes in the future you might need to work on the board. This will require you to scrap away the paint in order to get the solder to melt and if you dont scrap away from both side of board it might make it harder to get the solder sucked out of the joint. But I feel that this coating helps prevent problems. YMMV