Light-O-Rama Forums

Ordering lights

papap

Has anyone order lights from Magic in the sky Lighting before? They have the best prices I have seen yet. Just wanting to make sure no one has had problems with them. Thanks

I agree they are cheap. They are brand new this year?

Myself, I'm staying with Paul at CDI for my LEDs, because Paul has a 20 year track record supplying lights, excellent customer service, and I've been buying from him since 2007. Paul has an onsite representative at the factory during the manufacturing process, and I know the quality of the lights I will be receiving. That's worth a little bit more money to me.

I "think" this is the first year for Magic in the Sky. I do not know their track record or previous history with running any kind of business. Will they still be around in the future if problems develop?

Not dissing them, just too many future unknowns for me to feel comfortable sending them the money for my 2011 lighting budget.

Every so often, a new LED vendor appears, some seem to be OK, others have had all kinds of problems, which translates to problems for us.

I'm comfortable paying a few extra dollars and continuing to give my business to Paul and CDI

Just my personal opinions

I understand. $300 is $300.

Since this is their first year, they do not have a track record.

So, I shared my personal opinion and concerns about ME spending a large sum of money on an unknown. Just not within my personal comfort level.

Oh I undestand. Sure would hate to order lights and end up with a pile of junk. Plan to hit a few stores tomorrow and see what they have left on sale. I know sam's still had a bunch a few days ago. I bought 250 lights and they look ok. If they last a few years. I can slowly replace them with better lights.

There a couple PC vets that have tested his lights, one of them Bill V. has said the lights are good.
I believe the guy Ryan has a fireworks company and is adding these lights to that business. I think that 's what I read.
CDI is always a good choice but I'm going with the new guy because of the cost difference

I hear you. I'm all for saving money.

My main concern is like what happen to someone on the Aussie forums last year. All of the test and sample strings were of excellent quality. But....... when the "big" order was placed, mfg and shipped, the lights were not the same as the test / sample strings. They did not have a representative on site at the factory to supervise the quality control process. And there was no recourse against the China company. Aussie (nor would US laws) apply to them.

I really hope everything works out OK for the new company and their customers.

Just spending a few thousand on an unknown is beyond my comfort level right now.

I also plan on spending a few thousand on lights over the next couple months. And in my eyes... If I'm spending $2,000 on lights, what's an extra $300 to ensure they work? Seems like pretty cheap insurance to me.

Nurples wrote:

I also plan on spending a few thousand on lights over the next couple months. And in my eyes... If I'm spending $2,000 on lights, what's an extra $300 to ensure they work? Seems like pretty cheap insurance to me.

Just because you buy lights from CDI does not mean they will work. I have 24 sets of blue (junk) that say otherwise. The response of "my lights may not meet your expectations" does not work for me.

I have not had a good experience for 3 years in a row now with our 'usual' (CDI, & LEDHL) vendors. I will be taking my chances with the new vendor.

Nurples wrote:

Peace of mind is the big reason for me. Sure the new guy is cheaper, but like mentioned ZERO track record. If they are still around in 3/4 years and everyone is pleased, then I'll take a closer look. I understand there were issues in 2008, but that was 2008. I'm about the future and what have you done for me lately. Have not heard of any probs since. And speaking for myself, last years order with CDI was 99% to perfection. 1 bad strand which was replaced at Pauls expense, shipping too! Ya gotta look @ both sides of this, if you save $300 and have 20 or so bad strings with no recourse, well then your even. And again we don't know how they will handle issues. I really hope they are a good company as I don't want to see anyone get screwed, we all work too damn hard for our money!

Paul Roberson wrote:

Nurples wrote:

Just because you buy lights from CDI does not mean they will work. I have 24 sets of blue (junk) that say otherwise. The response of "my lights may not meet your expectations" does not work for me.

I have not had a good experience for 3 years in a row now with our 'usual' (CDI, & LEDHL) vendors. I will be taking my chances with the new vendor.

I looked at the order form from the new vendor and he does not seem to know that C6 and M6 are not the same.

garyfunk wrote:

I looked at the order form from the new vendor and he does not seem to know that C6 and M6 are not the same.

:P I had noticed the same thing

garyfunk wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Nurples wrote:

Thats funny. I don't see anything about "M6" on the order form.:?

If the "mini ice" wording is confusing maybe this will help. : )

Mini ice is in references to the cut of the cap... Some use to call it faceted.... Now the factory calls it mini ice.

Sure wish CDI would have picture of the light on the sales page so us newbies could see what to order. I still can not even figure out how to place the order. LOL

Paul Roberson wrote:

garyfunk wrote:

Thats funny. I don't see anything about "M6" on the order form.:?

If the "mini ice" wording is confusing you maybe this will help. : )

Mini ice is in references to the cut of the cap... Some use to call it faceted.... Now the factory calls it mini ice.

Look at the order form Headings:

M5

then

C6/M6 "Strawberry" Series

papap wrote:

Sure wish CDI would have picture of the light on the sales page so us newbies could see what to order. I still can not even figure out how to place the order. LOL

Look at this PAGE. Scroll down and each light is pictured with descriptions.