Light-O-Rama Forums

Stuck Channel

johnmeckley

Interesting... wondering if anyone has seen this.

Board/Unit 4 shorted last night... replaced both fuses (worked EXACTLY as they should have) and now it's working again. HOWEVER... channel 13 is stuck ON.

Tried hardware utility... reset unit ID to 04... channel still stuck ON. Turned all channels ON, then OFF... channel still stuck ON.

NOW WHAT?! LOL

Not the end of the world however we have some days to go and my OCD isn't gonna make it missing one of 240 channels! ROTFL

Anyone? Frye? Frye? Frye?

The times I have a channel stuck on...I just unplug that controller for the day (couple of hours) and when I plug it back in...the problem is gone.

To speed up the process, you may try taking a hair dryer to the board and drying it out...

If you had a short circuit then most likely channel 13 was involved in the short circuit. We supply fast acting fuses but sometimes the triac on the channel can e damaged faster than the fuse blows.

The controller can be repaired. Contact customer support at LOR.

Dan

Thanks Dan - I'll try drying it out completely on Friday (gotta work until then - sigh) and we'll see what we get. NOT the end of the world having the one down. If it doesn't fix it, I'll come to ya and worst case, we'll get the one triac switched out in the off-season and we'll be good to go.

AS ALWAYS you guys/gals ROCK!!