Light-O-Rama Forums

leds glow but incandescents don't 0n 1 side of a controller

John (oldandslow)

Thanks to all for your input. Your suggestions made me call the electricion who put in the eight 20 amp circuits for me. He came out checked the box in question and found to have a "leaking" receptacle. He changed it out and my problem went away. He also laughed at me when I suggested "nubbers". When I asked why the LEDS came on and not the incandescents he said "because they don't need that much electricity to turn them on as incandescents". He didn't charge me for the trip or the part which was even better.

Thanks to this fine community this season is a success.

Thanks to all again

John

John (oldandslow) wrote:

Thanks to all for your input. Your suggestions made me call the electricion who put in the eight 20 amp circuits for me. He came out checked the box in question and found to have a "leaking" receptacle. He changed it out and my problem went away. He also laughed at me when I suggested "nubbers". When I asked why the LEDS came on and not the incandescents he said "because they don't need that much electricity to turn them on as incandescents". He didn't charge me for the trip or the part which was even better.

Thanks to this fine community this season is a success.

Thanks to all again

John

I Have with worked with and around electricians for 30 years and have never heard of the term "leaky receptacle". Sounds to me like he may have had it wired wrong when he put in but didn't want to admit to making a mistake. Thats probably why he didn't charge you anything.

I'm glad your show is back on the road 100%.