Light-O-Rama Forums

Freakin vandalls caught!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

wallleyes wrote:

Maybe this video converter could help you Don.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Ok I downlaoded this and it still won't open it just talked to my security company they told me I need the downlaod program I am now searching online for this I have no clue what I am doing I am not a computer tech I am general contractor

computer tech = key boards and brains

general contractor = hammers and no brains

Guest Don Gillespie

Ok I hope this works what you get to see is the two cars approaching at about 153 in the morning the one girl tries to steal one of my nativity sets Mary and the baby Jejus no less sees that there is no way she can get at it goes over to the christmas tree and rips it out of the ground harness bending it all to sh--t the neighbors are now yelling at them they jump in and take off however at about 2:02 am they come back don't know if they dropped their cell phone but you can see them park way down the street get out and run up to the place that she dropped something thats again when the neighbors start the chase after they drive off I can only go by what the nieghbors are telling me but it does pay to have cameras and also it pays to run a steel cable through all your decorations of course the only tree I didn't run a cable thru she rips out go figure video is not bad considering time of night

Guest Don Gillespie

MikeH wrote:

where did you post the video?

Tried to post it here it is an AVI file but I am trying to get it to a jpeg don't know how to do this

OK this is in a WMV format lets see if this works if not maybe I can e-mail to someone who knows how to do this stuff

Don, I tried googling the info you gave ,no results phantomware? . J/K It would not suprise me that you would need the security software to open the file.

got a brand name?

Does this recorder have a video output on it in the back? if so you may be able to go to the computer store and get a video to usb dongle and try to suck it out that way

I use prism video converter here.

Don Gillespie wrote:

don

try to copy the file then paste it to your hard drive? then try to open it? maybe you need a video converter?

alot of times security DVR's may need their own software to open do you know what type of file it is? like avi mpeg? it should say in your model 's manual what format type it should be. I'dcall the security people and ask them

Doug here is what I am using it is a

PST SM-KR5704CV

Version #V1.50

Television System NTSC/pal

Serial # 6070326

I have burned the images but can't get the on my computer any ideas

WMV means it is a windows media file

Try importing into windows movie maker?

Don Gillespie wrote:

MikeH wrote:

Tried to post it here it is an AVI file but I am trying to get it to a jpeg don't know how to do this

OK this is in a WMV format lets see if this works if not maybe I can e-mail to someone who knows how to do this stuff

Don Gillespie wrote:

MikeH wrote:

How big is the WMV file size (I am sure the AVI is much bigger)? Might be able to help on this.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
MikeH wrote:

How big is the WMV file size (I am sure the AVI is much bigger)? Might be able to help on this.

When I tried to down load the file to the forum it said file to large so I have to make it smaller any ideas when I burned the disc it was at 700 MB I don't know what an MB size is I could reburn if that would make it smaller just need to know what size to make it. ( don't you love old guys that know nothing about computers)

Don Gillespie wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
MikeH wrote:

When I tried to down load the file to the forum it said file to large so I have to make it smaller any ideas when I burned the disc it was at 700 MB I don't know what an MB size is I could reburn if that would make it smaller just need to know what size to make it. ( don't you love old guys that know nothing about computers)
That is pretty big for such a small video. That is probably the DVD format. I doubt the WMV file is that large, unless it is HD (doubt) or greater than 20 minutes long. I can accept emails with 25MB file attachments so I don't know if you know how to import the video into video software (windows Movie Maker) and recreate it to a smaller size? You won't be able to post it directly here, other than through youtube. Youtube can accept 2000MB files, but you would need a decently fast internet service in order to upload a file that size in a reasonable amount of time. We can make this work somehow I am sure.

Were they teenage girl vandals?

I remember you saying to someone not to be to hard on teenagers unless they knew for sure they were teenagers.

That is why I am asking.....just curious.

Guest Don Gillespie

lightzilla wrote:

Were they teenage girl vandals?

I remember you saying to someone not to be to hard on teenagers unless they knew for sure they were teenagers.

That is why I am asking.....just curious.

Well the video shows two girls we think they where going to college here

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:
Don Gillespie wrote:
MikeH wrote:

That is pretty big for such a small video. That is probably the DVD format. I doubt the WMV file is that large, unless it is HD (doubt) or greater than 20 minutes long. I can accept emails with 25MB file attachments so I don't know if you know how to import the video into video software (windows Movie Maker) and recreate it to a smaller size? You won't be able to post it directly here, other than through youtube. Youtube can accept 2000MB files, but you would need a decently fast internet service in order to upload a file that size in a reasonable amount of time. We can make this work somehow I am sure.

I am going to try a couple of things today to see if we can upload it the video is 46 seconds long I downlaoded the video on high speed will try normal speed will take the video to about 4 min it looks like there is a selection to choose from on the DVR I just have't figured it out yet to decrease the file size will keep working on this and hopefully try later if all else fails will have my daughter check it out.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
try this

good job on getting it to work. Pretty funny...obviously only since they didn't do any major damage.

I am starting to learn an awful lot about the computer thanks for the help and the many tips from all of you guys and gals

Don,

Did you ever get this resolved? how are you viewing the video from the video recorder? did you have to take the video output to your TV? if so. they make video to usc dongles then you might be able to record to your hard drive that way ..

Guest Don Gillespie

doug petschke wrote:

Don,

Did you ever get this resolved? how are you viewing the video from the video recorder? did you have to take the video output to your TV? if so. they make video to usc dongles then you might be able to record to your hard drive that way ..

Hi Doug I posted this on you tube if you scroll up you will find the link never did find out who they were but I am pretty sure they won't be back and yes it would have been sweet to see the nieghbors in action but no luck the cameras were not pointed in that direction

Hey Don thanks for the reply. my guess is that it almost looked like that attack was planned. very interesting that 2 vehicles showed up both times. Did you bring a bag of weed over to the neighbors for a reward? LOL you probably better not... but maybe a case of beer.

Glad you got it figured out how to get video from the security system. now if this happens again you can get info to the cops in a quick manner if needed.

Judging by the camera image it looks like your camera is not too bad but it looks like the compression of the video by the security software is high. the security peoples probably did that to keep the files sizes down...

anyhows i got a home theater to troubleshoot today for a friend TTYL

Don Gillespie wrote:

doug petschke wrote:
Don,

Hi Doug I posted this on you tube if you scroll up you will find the link never did find out who they were but I am pretty sure they won't be back and yes it would have been sweet to see the nieghbors in action but no luck the cameras were not pointed in that direction