Light-O-Rama Forums

Freakin vandalls caught!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Last night some vandalls thought they could come in my yard and take what ever they wanted, suprise, suprise, across the street from me lives some very rough guys (drugs and stuff) how ever they all love to come out at night and watch the show they have dogs (this is where it gets good) I was sound asleep at about 3am the circus began some people in a car pulled up and wanted one of my christmas trees they managed to pull it out of its harness when my new buddies accross the street came to the rescue they told me what happened last night I did not ask what they did the less I know the better but they assured me those people will not be coming back for a second appearance when I get home after work I willbe checking my video surveilance cammeras to see what went down damn I wish I was a lite sleeper revenge is best served cold looks like they don't have to feed the dogs for a week LOL

Guest Don Gillespie

Jim Saul wrote:

alright!

good thing they prevented the theft, and it sounds like they are not coming back :(
if your cameras caught it, you should post it, that would be fun to watch

Thats what I am waiting for when I get home my wife thinks the cameras do not cover that section of the yard as that particular tree is not that expensive she always has me line the cameras up with the stuff she would never want stolen can't wait to go home probably in an hour or so

Guest Don Gillespie

ok I am now at home looked at the video can see the little bastards in my yard first looking at the nativity set then over to the tree does anyone know how I can burn it to a disk I can insert a disk but I have never had to use these cameras before my heart is pounding most likely won't sleep tonight if you know how to burn the disk off of my surveillance camera hard drive I would like to look at it on my computer

Don Gillespie wrote:

if you know how to burn the disk off of my surveillance camera hard drive I would like to look at it on my computer

It might help if you posted what brand and model your system is!

Or, once you have that info, just google for the manual, that would tell you how to interface with your computer.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Ponddude wrote:
All my neighbors are over 70...I doubt they are coming to help...damn!

Really?

Check out this video:

http://www.youjotube.com/watch/bLQ3mXqAq_Y

Great video just contacted my security company going to tell me how to burn the disk it definatly shows two girls of all things rotten sticking girls trying to steal stuff out of my yard shows their cars really well my wife is out cruising right now looking for the vehicles it also shows my nieghbors running them off can't see the main event but you can sure see them running

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
if you know how to burn the disk off of my surveillance camera hard drive I would like to look at it on my computer

It might help if you posted what brand and model your system is!

Or, once you have that info, just google for the manual, that would tell you how to interface with your computer.

thanks John clealy not thinking straight just want to catch these (I'll keep the language down) ##########

Definitely have to figure out a way to post this. How do you view the video now? On your TV? Do you by chance have a DVD recorder (on your DVD player hooked up to your tv)? That would be an "easy" way to copy the video.

If you have any Video Editing Software, you should be able to use the "Capture" feature if you can somehow hookup your security system to your PC.

Guest Don Gillespie

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Definitely have to figure out a way to post this. How do you view the video now? On your TV? Do you by chance have a DVD recorder (on your DVD player hooked up to your tv)? That would be an "easy" way to copy the video.

It is on the video surveillance hard drive which I have to burn to disc and no it is not easy to unhook and bring to my pc as it is in a difficult spot trust it might take a day to get it up

Guest Don Gillespie

OK I have it burned to a disc but it will not open on the computer this is what it says

DVR_04CH (D:)

CD Drive

File System CDFS

Free Space 0 bytes

Total size 700 MB.

I have tried opening this up with my computer but am having no luck any ideas??

Don Gillespie wrote:

OK I have it burned to a disc but it will not open on the computer this is what it says

DVR_04CH (D:)

CD Drive

File System CDFS

Free Space 0 bytes

Total size 700 MB.

I have tried opening this up with my computer but am having no luck any ideas??

Looks like this is a linux file of sorts. Don't know but read this here: http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3802

In windows media player, go to the play menu, and choose "'DVD, VCD or CD Audio" and see if it plays.

Also see here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142709

For whatever it is worth, whenever I have a video file I can't get to work, I try in the free VLC player and it usually works:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

don

try to copy the file then paste it to your hard drive? then try to open it? maybe you need a video converter?

alot of times security DVR's may need their own software to open do you know what type of file it is? like avi mpeg? it should say in your model 's manual what format type it should be. I'dcall the security people and ask them

Guest Don Gillespie

doug petschke wrote:

don

try to copy the file then paste it to your hard drive? then try to open it? maybe you need a video converter?

alot of times security DVR's may need their own software to open do you know what type of file it is? like avi mpeg? it should say in your model 's manual what format type it should be. I'dcall the security people and ask them

I am waiting for a call from the security company today hopefully they can guide me in the right direction as for the owners manual can't seem to find it the cameras are 7 years old this is the first time we have ever had to do this

Guest Don Gillespie
don

Doug here is what I am using it is a

PST SM-KR5704CV

Version #V1.50

Television System NTSC/pal

Serial # 6070326

I have burned the images but can't get the on my computer any ideas