Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR kit is Awesome

jscarpino

I have to say that I am very very happy with my LOR experience. I bought the 16 channel Kit (CTB16PC Kit) and added the mDC-MP3 Mini Director.I built the kit in about 6 hours and hooked up all my LED light sets.....LOL used 4 billion electric cords. I bought some Sequences and made some also and it has performed perfectly every night so far....Awesome kit and well thought out product and I can not wait till next year to add more lights....

Joe

Loveland, Colorado

What are Vampire Plugs?

Do you have a link to a web site for where I can purchase them.

I used lamp cord on a lot of my new LED sets but I just cut off the plug for the set put in the length of lamp cord required and then added the same plug from the set so as to have the fuse protection in place at the start of the set still.

Thanks

Joe

jscarpino wrote:

Jim

Thank you very much.....That Web site at a quick glance looks very very good and is added to my favorites already....

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Also..Creative Displays has a big sale in February (I believe)...so know what you will need by then...

jscarpino wrote:

I have to say that I am very very happy with my LOR experience. I bought the 16 channel Kit (CTB16PC Kit) and added the mDC-MP3 Mini Director.I built the kit in about 6 hours and hooked up all my LED light sets.....LOL used 4 billion electric cords. I bought some Sequences and made some also and it has performed perfectly every night so far....Awesome kit and well thought out product and I can not wait till next year to add more lights....

Joe

Loveland, Colorado

I agree with you Joe. I got the kit last Feb. I think the controller build is my favorite aspect of this addiction.

jimswinder wrote:

jscarpino wrote:
Jim

Thank you very much.....That Web site at a quick glance looks very very good and is added to my favorites already....

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Also..Creative Displays has a big sale in February (I believe)...so know what you will need by then...

The sale will start right after christmas

• 2 weeks later...

The are out of stock now, but around Christmas time you can get 100 spt1 plugs for $40! And by far, as long as you buy spt1 wire, this price for spt plugs is the best you will ever see!

Attached files 231808=12711-The Home Depot - Order Deta

papap wrote:

I tried searching on home depot with no luck.

And you never will! This is something that only becomes available about once a year or so, and is only online from one of their distribution centers.

JBullard wrote:

papap wrote:
I tried searching on home depot with no luck
And you never will! This is something that only becomes available about once a year or so, and is only online from one of their distribution centers.

He is right! The best time to start looking for this deal, is around late October, Early November.

When you order it, its shipped from a third party distributor, not Home depot. I personally called the return address listed on the label. The company who sells these to Home Depot. And I was told by the owner, in order to get the same price as what Home depot sells them for, ($.36) I would have to buy 1000. I personally did not have $360 for plugs! Let alone 1000 of them! So I never finished the deal with him.

This is just an FYI! If you can find enough people close to you, you can split the cost, I'll pass on his information to you.

The next cheapest place I found, was Darryl at Christmaslightshow.com

http://christmaslightshow.com/product.php?productid=272&cat=29&page=1

Good luck.

• 11 months later...

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

The are out of stock now, but around Christmas time you can get 100 spt1 plugs for $40! And by far, as long as you buy spt1 wire, this price for spt plugs is the best you will ever see!

Where is this price from?

Agree, building the kit was my favorite part, elbows deep in solder and parts that make no sense to me what so ever. After a few hours lights blink magicly I love that cant wait to build more.

Lampcord (spt1) and Vampire plugs were my savior. Made a process of cord nightmare into about 30 mins of work. 32 channels, all custom length.

goslow5 wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Note that the thread above yours was almost a year old!

CKSedg wrote:

goslow5 wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

They were around $ 0.46 this year.

KStatefan wrote:

CKSedg wrote:
goslow5 wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

From where?!!!! The cheapist I can find them is around $.60

goslow5 wrote:

KStatefan wrote:
CKSedg wrote:
goslow5 wrote:
ny_yankee_25 wrote:

From where?!!!! The cheapist I can find them is around $.60

Home Depot online. They only have them before Christmas.
Green Male Slide-On Plug (case Of 100) Model # 14-330
Internet # 100652709

Connector Green (Pack of 100)--SOLD OUT FOR THE SEASON Model # 14-331
Internet # 100652717

CDI has them in their presale at $ 0.50 each