Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL Issues!

MrBiteMe4

Anyone had an ELL go out in the middle of the show?

I send a signal via ELL to the house across the street that powers 3 other houses. For no appearent reason those houses went dark. I checked the boxes and they are getting power, but no sync. My side of the street (3 houses) works, so it must be the ELL's. Had them for 3 years and never had a problem. There are no "line of sight" issues.

Anyone had this problem? Do they just go bad?

Thx

MrBiteMe4 wrote:

Anyone had an ELL go out in the middle of the show?

I send a signal via ELL to the house across the street that powers 3 other houses. For no appearent reason those houses went dark. I checked the boxes and they are getting power, but no sync. My side of the street (3 houses) works, so it must be the ELL's. Had them for 3 years and never had a problem. There are no "line of sight" issues.

Anyone had this problem? Do they just go bad?

Thx

What are the 3 LED lights "inside" of the ELL's doing? (This could be a clue to solving your problem)

JB,

First of all thanks for the reply.

The transmitting ELL (my side) has r5 blinking steady, r6 blinking like an ethernet light (erratic and rapid), r7 is off. The recieveing ELL has r5 blinking steady, r6, r7 off.

Thx

MrBiteMe4 wrote:

JB,

First of all thanks for the reply.

The transmitting ELL (my side) has r5 blinking steady, r6 blinking like an ethernet light (erratic and rapid), r7 is off. The recieveing ELL has r5 blinking steady, r6, r7 off.

Thx

What do they do if you swap positions with them?

JB & Paul,

Gottem fixed!

I went to the hardware untility and changed the channel. Then reset them. All is well, and the show goes on.

Thanks for the input. I didnt even know that they had LEDS in them.

Glad you have them working.

They transmit in the 902 - 928 Mhz band and many cordless phones and other electronic equipment also uses these frequencies. You may get interference from time to time, but I love my ELLs