Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble saving sequences in Sequence Editor v 2.6.2 basic

PD1057

Whenever I try to save an edited or new sequence in my sequence editor, it gives me a pop up error message that says....

Error saving file... do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail: Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

Then it has the Yes, No and Cancel boxes.

Even if I try to save it with a different name and/or use a different save file...it wont save.

Im noticing this as well...all of my good sequences are blue in my light orama files..but the new stuff I am bringing in is black (file name writing colors).

My show is running great, but its the same one I used last year and I wanted to add some stuff to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

It sounds to me like something is misinstalled. The first thing I would try would be to stop all running programs, go into Add/Remove Programs, select the Light-O-Rama entry, and click "Repair".

I tried that, and got a few error messages associated with it. It appears that the original .msi file that it needs cannot be found. I guess after this season, I will uninstall and reinstall the whole thing and see if that helps.

Ive also got a new computer here that I want to install it on, but its run by Windows 7 and I didnt want any issues this year.

Thanks for your help, Bob and Merry Christmas!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you download a new copy of the installer (for the same version), and run that installer, one of the options it will give you is "Repair".

Ok Thanks.

I may try that after the holidays. Its working perfect now, so Im scared to death to start messing with it. After learning it last year (my first year to have it), and having my holiday lights designer on...consequently running my computer memory up like crazy and shutting my show down because of it....Im scared to try anything new. LOL

You were the one who finally told me to shut the light designer off after we worked on that problem for over a week.