Light-O-Rama Forums

One channel not firing

Ralph Priest

Hello all,it's a new week and a new problem.All was well with my light show---until one of my channels stopped working.If it means anything,it is no.7 of 16 and has worked perfectly fine each of these past 4 years.Also,there is only two stings of LEDs on this output,so overload isn't the issue.Any ideas?

Guest wbottomley

Ralph Priest wrote:

Hello all,it's a new week and a new problem.All was well with my light show---until one of my channels stopped working.If it means anything,it is no.7 of 16 and has worked perfectly fine each of these past 4 years.Also,there is only two stings of LEDs on this output,so overload isn't the issue.Any ideas?

Try resetting the unit first. If that doesn't cure the problem, try connecting a string of mini lights to the leds on that channel.

Ralph Priest wrote:

...how do I reset the unit?...

You didn't tell us which model controller you have.

For the 1600 series:

Remove power, set the dials to 00, add power for approx 10 sec, remove power, reset the dial to the correct controller number, restore power.

For the PC series:

Remove power, remove the jumper from the 2nd set of header pins, restore power for approx 10 sec, remove power, replace the jumper, restore power, reset the unit ID