Light-O-Rama Forums

firmware question

jfelix

I bought a used controller from someone and it is working fine. I went to upgrade the firmware and it will not upgrade. It says it is running version 1.0. The hardware will try to grab the controller but stays in the "grabbing controller" mode. Is there something I am not doing.

I have upgraded controllers before with no issues.

If it's showing up in the Hardware Utility with "CTB08 Ver 1.0" then it's an older controller that is not upgradeable via the HWU.

You would have to contact support to see if they can do an upgrade.

jfelix wrote:

I bought a used controller from someone and it is working fine.

That statement says it all. "Working fine" is what we all aspire to this time of year, and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to rock a boat that's currently sailing on calm waters. Save your upgrades for January when you'll have 11 months to figure out what went wrong.

"Save your upgrades for January when you'll have 11 months to figure out what went wrong."

Yep! sounds advise. I do all my upgrades in October before the Halloween shows and I do NOT touch them again. Basically I/we use Halloween as a shake down run. Get all the cords and hardware out and working again. The controllers stay in the same spot for each.