Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb Dumber

Guest Don Gillespie

I can also admit to being a part of the "Dumb and Dumber" club too. Sometimes I've missed things that were right in front of me or in the manual, but just couldn't seem to find them until I asked about something I was doing here and found that out. DOH!!!

I can't recall all the dumb mistakes I've made, but I think one of the really dumbest ones was wiping out all my .BAK (backup) files and then finding out a sequence I had worked on got screwed up and no backup to get it back to what it was. :shock:

Now THAT was a REALLY DUMB mistake.:)B)

Yep, I added a new sequence one day and ran it. I went outside to see the lights working just fine but no sound on the outside speakers. Long story- short, I forgot the outside speakers were on a timer......Doh!

MikeH

This year I set up all the lights plugged everything in and ran a few tests and went to try with sound...... Where is my fm transmitter ......oh crap it was in a box that got thrown away cleaning out the office last summer. Had to get a replacement overnighted from California. This time I made sure to label the box that it is stored in.

So you can add me to the stupid people list.

Count me in, this is just one of my many dumb things I did in my first year.

I had my display running and everything was fine for the first week so we left the show running and went out to check a few other displays and when we got home our light show was off. Turns out my computer had done an automatic windows update and restarted the computer.

Must remember to turn off automatic updates during showtime.

Jason Burge wrote:

This year I set up all the lights plugged everything in and ran a few tests and went to try with sound...... Where is my fm transmitter ......oh crap it was in a box that got thrown away cleaning out the office last summer. Had to get a replacement overnighted from California. This time I made sure to label the box that it is stored in.

So you can add me to the stupid people list.

Oh man, if I did that I think I'd shoot myself!:shock:

I mounted my FM transmitter in the same box that my DC-MP3 Showtime Director is in, so no chance of me ever tossing that out with the garbage, now my wife or somone else, that's another matter...:shock:

Plus I keep all my LOR Controllers and the Tranmitter/MP3 Director all in one storage tote with all the assorted Cat 5 cables I use for my display and then some. Totes are large and CLEAR so I can see what's inside them. That way they are a lot easier to find among all my other assorted totes that are different colors. Got somewhat of a system that works for my storage in that aspect, red totes = Christmas, orange or purple totes - Halloween, green - G gauge trains, blue = O gauge trains, pink = my wifes stuff. (LOL), clear = LOR, Extension Cords, Cat 5 Cables, Power Stakes and Electronics goodies. Plus I label all of them outside too, with the exception of the clear ones since I can see what's inside them.

Othr non essentials are packed in cardboard boxes and labeled....uhm... sometimes.:? (Every once in a while I forget to label something, but I usually always open the box and check the contents before chucking it into file 13.:P