Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb Dumber

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Well you all know the movie now meet me the Dumbest I thought I would share a problem I encountered so it doesn't happen to anyone else, my show was running great untill I decided to add one more sequence to my show so I opened up my show editor added the show hit save and went out for the night when I arrived home I noticed that some of my lights were still on, the show had ended and hour earlier I couldn't possibly think what was wrong so I posted my problem, and with all the support from the really smart guys on this forum, Chuck figured out my problem and solved it for me, we thought it could be a bad triac, we thought it could be a firmware issue when in reallity it was a matter of a click with the mouse,

When ever you add anything to the show editor always always click on the turn lights off box otherwise you will go nuts for about five days trying to figure this thing out my thanks to all who helped me with this so I thought I would share this with any newbies who might encounter this problem

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Welcome to the club...

I was kinda lonely being here all by myself!! LOL

Never fear it takes a big man to admit his mistakes all the other guys must be really good at this or they are to scared to tell us Jim LOL

I've made sooooo many mistakes that I can't list them all. Biggest was not backing up 3-4 days of work just before my computer crashed!!

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

I've made sooooo many mistakes that I can't list them all. Biggest was not backing up 3-4 days of work just before my computer crashed!!

Alright this is starting to grow now there are 3 of us how many more dumbies are out there LOL :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

Alright this is starting to grow now there are 3 of us how many more dumbies are out there LOL :P

I'm thinking of a number between three and seven...

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

I'm thinking of a number between three and seven...

Your in George

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

what's a dumbie?

anything like a bumble??

Attached files 227498=12544-bumble-noteeth_tn.jpg

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

what's a dumbie?

anything like a bumble??

Exactly

I've had my fairshare of stupid mistakes too :P Such as putting a couple parts in backwards when building my PC cards. LOR support and this forum are the best!

Guest Don Gillespie

scubado wrote:

I've had my fairshare of stupid mistakes too :) Such as putting a couple parts in backwards when building my PC cards. LOR support and this forum are the best!

Welcome aboard

Maybe I'll have another one tomorrow. My son brought back my old computer cause I was using his, and swapped everything out and put my old one back together. Now in 37 minutes, I will see if I have a show, or will I have to go to a funeral tommorrow, for my son.

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

Maybe I'll have another one tomorrow. My son brought back my old computer cause I was using his, and swapped everything out and put my old one back together. Now in 37 minutes, I will see if I have a show, or will I have to go to a funeral tommorrow, for my son.

Can you give us an update do I need to wear black today for the funeral or are we going to have a party LOL ;)

Well,,,,,,,,,, The show was 38 minutes late, had to put everything back into his computer!!!!!! So I guess, just wear gray for now.

The city show has a couple of triggers that the fire department can use to pause the show, and play a PSA while they leave.

While I was setting things up, I could not find the .lms files we used for the interactive triggers last year. Because we were setting up for opening night, I just went to the .bak files. I figured that usually, the difference between any two versions for stuff I work on is trivial enough not to worry about...

A couple of days later, we had confirmation that yes, the show did stop when the buttons were pushed. A couple more days later, we had confirmation that yes, the show was stopping, but only for about 30 seconds, and to silence. Looks like that last edit had included both attaching the audio files, and extending from 30 seconds to a minute 20.... Oops..

And the missing files? I found them in the folders I had set up to organize the true show versions of the last three years, before uploading to a FTP site for off line storage. Apparently I had failed to use copy and paste, and dragged and dropped those two files by mistake. (So they were moved instead of copied) A few minutes fixed that issue..

Guest Don Gillespie

-klb- wrote:

The city show has a couple of triggers that the fire department can use to pause the show, and play a PSA while they leave.

While I was setting things up, I could not find the .lms files we used for the interactive triggers last year. Because we were setting up for opening night, I just went to the .bak files. I figured that usually, the difference between any two versions for stuff I work on is trivial enough not to worry about...

A couple of days later, we had confirmation that yes, the show did stop when the buttons were pushed. A couple more days later, we had confirmation that yes, the show was stopping, but only for about 30 seconds, and to silence. Looks like that last edit had included both attaching the audio files, and extending from 30 seconds to a minute 20.... Oops..

And the missing files? I found them in the folders I had set up to organize the true show versions of the last three years, before uploading to a FTP site for off line storage. Apparently I had failed to use copy and paste, and dragged and dropped those two files by mistake. (So they were moved instead of copied) A few minutes fixed that issue..

your in also

• 3 months later...
Guest Don Gillespie

Ok here is a new one I am sequencing today everything is going great so I try a couple of new elements to see how they are going to look in my visualizer, I play it back 15 - 20 times I can't see it I am going nuts then I realize what I was looking at was not what I was programing I thought I was turning my angel lights on and off when in fact I was turning my snowflakes on and off no wonder I couldn't see it my eyes hurt I have programed so long today but I am 11 min into my medly things are going real good, just another dumb moment by me. :)